Thread: Wii Sports

Default Wii Sports

What do you think of Wii Sports? I like this game I know it doesn't have a lot of depth but it's pretty fun in my opinion and it's free!

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

It's free, it's serviceable, it works. I've had several familial adults play and greatly enjoy it, particularly Bowling. I don't play it by myself, however. There isn't enough there to keep me interested after spending 10 minutes in the training mode and clearing them all. I'm not much of a 'beat your previous high score!' person.

It basically follows the general idea of the Wii. Bring something new to the table and get new audiences interested. It's simple and easy to pick up and play. I haven't had the opportunity to really explore what little depth there is, but it's free so whatever.

Remember, each sport was originally developed as a demonstration for the Wiimote's capabilities.

I played it at HMV with a friend couple of weeks ago, it was alright. I wouldnt say its worth a £40 price tag in front of it, but as a free game, its pretty good. I got to play tennis and bowling, tennis was better.

I find it to be a fun casual game to play with family and friends, though we stay away from Golf or Boxing. I'll probably stop playing it much once WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Mario Party 8 come out.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

As an example as what the Wii is capable of it's really a success, playing Tennis was one of the most fun things I've played within a game for ages and as a party games it's perfect. It's this sort of quality that makes it stand out from the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by JKTrix View Post
    It's free, it's serviceable, it works. I've had several familial adults play and greatly enjoy it, particularly Bowling. I don't play it by myself, however. There isn't enough there to keep me interested after spending 10 minutes in the training mode and clearing them all. I'm not much of a 'beat your previous high score!' person.
    Same here. I never play it by myself and Tennis and bowling areis the best.