Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Worst RPGs in history?

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    WRONG! Worst game EVER! Nothing will ever be worse than FFVI. Such a damn shame that you have been blinded by the tools of Satan
    Wow, seven years have passed and in that time, even with all of the bad rpgs that have been released, you still think FFVI is bad. It's nice to know some things will never change at EoFF.

Anyway, FFX-2 is the worst rpg ever. It made me sick. It's the only Final Fantasy that I couldn't stand having in my home any longer. It should not exist! I like FFX. I thought it had potential for expansion on the world, especially with the ending. FFX-2 did not take advantage of its potential. I could've found a better game out of a Cracker Jack box.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dragon Crystal on the Master System is probably the worst RPG I've actually played... reasonably fun, quite creative weapons, items, monsters and scenery, but just endless mazes, and details that just doesn't make sense. Like the dragon egg that follows your character around, hatches when he reaches a certain level, and grows as your level increases. Cool. But does nothing at all. And isn't explained at all. Because the game has no plot and no ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quest 64. God awful. And it was the only RPG the N64 had for ages. :P
    That game was just plain awful. Horrible game. Just Horrible. If a game could be the paragon for blandness and being generic this was it. Even the name was generic. Just, simply, horrible.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Hydlide - It's Zelda gone retarded. You can't even tell whose taking damage in battles.
    Oh god, I remember that game now. It was horrible. Didn't you just run into enemies (like you run into a wall) and hope that they die before you?
    Yes, that's exactly how it worked, it also had the thirty letter save file system and an experience system that stopped working after you reached level two and gained a measly 1hp.

Honestly people, this is the worse RPG ever. It creates it own gravitation field as it tries to implode under the weight of it's own crappiness.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukasa View Post
    Unlimited Saga. Blah, what a horrible game. I gotta wonder what Square was smoking when they pulled that game out of their *ahem* lower regions. Rented it, played it for less then an hour, never played it again.
    mhmm. I disagree.

I reckon the first hour is FAR more tolerable then most FF games.

choose a different character. for most of the part they all play differantly.

I would have to say the worst RPG IMO is...

,,, :[

cant think of many...
    The first character I picked I couldn't figure out what to do. I had absolutely no directions. After that hour I just gave up. It was the little witch girl, I think anyways. I don't remember if I tried any other characters though.

I suggest attempting the (dont remember the name.) Merchant.

it is the more straightforward out of all of them (there is no world map travel as a limitation though. so be careful).

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Everyone needs to stop with these childish remarks. Everyone has their own opinion, which may or may not be different from your own. You don't have to call out on somebody just because they don't share your opinion on how good or bad a video game is.

Edit: I've deleted the posts in question, and those that posted them know who they are. I'll delete any similar posts if they appear.

Unlimited Saga. Blah, what a horrible game. I gotta wonder what Square was smoking when they pulled that game out of their *ahem* lower regions. Rented it, played it for less then an hour, never played it again.
    mhmm. I disagree.

I reckon the first hour is FAR more tolerable then most FF games.

choose a different character. for most of the part they all play differantly.

I would have to say the worst RPG IMO is...

,,, :[

cant think of many...
    The first character I picked I couldn't figure out what to do. I had absolutely no directions. After that hour I just gave up. It was the little witch girl, I think anyways. I don't remember if I tried any other characters though.

I suggest attempting the (dont remember the name.) Merchant.

it is the more straightforward out of all of them (there is no world map travel as a limitation though. so be careful).

Laura's quest (pink pirate chick) wasn't so bad, I took it as a strong hint when the game itself said her quest was "easy"...I got near the end of it but I can't figure out how to level up.

Was it the fact I bought it used, or did this game just not come with an instruction manual...?
    Signature = lame excuse to use the heart emoticons

I don't know if it counts as an RPG, but Shadow Gate Classic for GBC. It's so ridiculosly difficult to get anywhere with that I've had it for ages and NEVER completed it.

Quote Originally Posted by gyrus View Post
    I don't know if it counts as an RPG, but Shadow Gate Classic for GBC. It's so ridiculosly difficult to get anywhere with that I've had it for ages and NEVER completed it.
    Shadowgate is only crap when you compare it to Deja Vu. They're games that make you think about what to do. Where every puzzle isn't some stick-the-star-shaped-stone-in-the-star-shaped-hole crap.

shadow hearts was pretty bad.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Astronite View Post
    Apparently, nobody has played any of the RPGs I listed to say any of the FFs or Xenosaga are the worst. Play TimeStalkers and then try to tell us FFVI/VII/Xenosaga are the worst RPGs ever.
    Okay.

*Plays TimeStalkers*

FFVI is still the worst RPG ever made. Repent for you sins now

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan View Post
    shadow hearts was pretty bad.

Shadow hearts = Quirky humour, a good story, memorable characters and a good battle system, so I disagree.

Dude, FFVI may be probably the second most overrated SE game it's nowhere nearly as bad as XenoSUCKga, Quest 64, this one Gundam RPG on the PS2 I played once, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy 9, etc.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I love the gameplay in Xenosaga and I have no qualms with the movie to gameplay ratio issue. Here is how that goes in XenoSUCKga.

* = Movie
    # = Gameplay

*********#********###**********###*****###****##****#######****##########*#*######*##**############# #####*****##################*****#####################

It goes from one end of the spectrum to the other by the time you beat it.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    I love the gameplay in Xenosaga and I have no qualms with the movie to gameplay ratio issue. Here is how that goes in XenoSUCKga.

* = Movie
    # = Gameplay

*********#********###**********###*****###****##****#######****##########*#*######*##**############# #####*****##################*****#####################

It goes from one end of the spectrum to the other by the time you beat it.
    I agree with this sooooo much

I think the worst RPG i'v ever played is FFX-2. hole of a game.
    I LIVE!!!!! AGAIN!