Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Worst RPGs in history?

The spoon is too big! Firo Volondé's Avatar

Worst FF for me was FFVI. The story I found to be awful, the characters the worst battle-wise. Worst RPG? I haven't played many, but the worst would have to be Evergrace. The story made FFVI look like Shakespeare, gameplay was horribly slow and boring, and the scenery... well, let's just say it looked worse than a PSX game, and was for PS2.

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Quest 64. God awful. And it was the only RPG the N64 had for ages. :P
    Yes yes I was wondering if anyone else heard of it. I had to put it down after only 10 min. Horrible game that was!

Yellow Winged Angel

Zelda... I cant think of any bad RPGs right now so this is the worst game i cant think of. They just plain suck

Quote Originally Posted by tidus_rox View Post
    Zelda... I cant think of any bad RPGs right now so this is the worst game i cant think of. They just plain suck
    Even if they were RPGs, you'd still be wrong.

Zelda isn't a RPG. xD

Worst RPG ever, in my opinion? While I'm tempted to say FFVII even though I might be burned at the stake for it, I would say the award goes to that one RPG on the SNES that I played back in the old days. It was so crappy, I can't remember the title (Knight something something). The graphics were horrible, the music was irritating, the gameplay was slow, and it had no plot whatsoever. Just some dudes going through dungeons and various towers solving ridiculously hard puzzles.

... I'm starting to think I have been hallucinating this game because I have such faint memories of it that it might actually never existed. Either that or it was so damn crappy that my mind refuses to let me keep any recollection of it in fear that the crappiness of it all will make me go fully insane.

Now I'll have to try to find that damn game's title because I'm morbidly curious (and perhaps a bit of a masochist).

Edit: Thinking about it, that game might not even have been a RPG, but it was still a terrible game. Wish I remembered the title, though, otherwise this will botter me to no end until I find it. Anyone else rememberes some SNES game with a dude in armor with red hair going through dungeons and towers and stuff? I think there were other knight npc dudes always meeting your charater in those dungeons whining about how the puzzles were so hard.

On another note, Temco Secret of the Stars was one of those horrible RPGs I had buried deep into my memories and which has resurfaced thanks to me looking for that other crappy game and looking at screenshots and finding some Secret of the Stars ones and going all "A-a-a-a-a-argh!"
    Last edited by Takara; 01-29-2007 at 02:36 AM.

Back from the Abyss ValkyrieWing's Avatar

Um...Lunar Dragon Song was just BAD. I was also severely disappointed that Y's, Ark of Naphishtim wasn't better, cause i loved the other games, but hey, can't have everything. LOL

Aww....I liked Suikoden V!!
    ~Ye must desire respite from thy empty existence. Thou shalt have it.~

Ephemeral Fantasia -- lets make a game for the ps2. Starring an anime reject and his talking guitar. Then we'll make the gameplay just like groundhogs day. We won't give players any clues as to how to procede, even though we'll have the game set up so that you must be at a random location at just the right time. The whole thing takes place in a village that you can't leave. Oh, and this is a budget game, so use N64 graphics.

FF8 -- whiny kids, an overly complex juction system, and a plotline that involves said whiny kids getting into a time-loop. Then on top of that, the "surprise" is that all the characters were raised at the same orphanage, but they don't remember it. Why? Because of the junctioning they did. Of course they'll still junction GFs and never think twice about it, 'cause they're idiots, or they don't care.

Xenosaga -- 40 hours of movies broken up by maybe 10 hours of gameplay. Early missions include: Lets talk to the cyborgs in sickbay! Let's bring the captain dinner, and Let's examine a random computer!

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    I love the gameplay in Xenosaga and I have no qualms with the movie to gameplay ratio issue. Here is how that goes in XenoSUCKga.

* = Movie
    # = Gameplay

*********#********###**********###*****###****##****#######****##########*#*######*##**############# #####*****##################*****#####################

It goes from one end of the spectrum to the other by the time you beat it.

That still doesn't change the fact that the game sucks balls. The gameplay was thrown in as an afterthought in order for the developers to make the player think he/she is actually playing. The battle system is anal, the leveling up is a fricken chore and takes too long and is about as pointless as a trial membership at a healthclub.

I guess it would be [ Monster Rancher ]
    this game is hopeless !
    PS3 owner, but not played RPG yet (teh) :sweatdrop

Monster Rancher isn't an RPG. And it is a very good game, albeit difficult, it kicks Pokemon's ass.

I'm surprised no ones mentioned Paladins Quest for the SNES.

Final Fantasy VII. I absolutely dreaded everything from disc II onwards.

X-2 is right up there in awfulness.

Owen made this sig. R.I.P.

Hoshigami ewww. A totally adulterated unimproved tactics. God the frustration that goes along with that game. Stupid enemy a.i. with the whole square of death, and then the whole impossibility of killing a mage with your mage without a half hours work. Having your fighters run like sissies from this mage.

Quote Originally Posted by gyrus View Post
    Monster Rancher isn't an RPG. And it is a very good game, albeit difficult, it kicks Pokemon's ass.
    QFMFALCTIMHO

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker View Post
    I'm surprised no ones mentioned Paladins Quest for the SNES.
    No, I managed about 45 minutes of gameplay before I quit.
    Unlimited Saga lasted ABOUT 15 minutes.