Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Worst RPGs in history?

>.> you <.<

Being Who Transcended All Black Mage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Final Fantasy VII.

Note: This is my personal belief, it does not reflect the majority vote. I understand perfectly well that Final Fantasy VII may very well be responsible for the current state of RPGs, but from a personal standpoint, the game was absolutely dreadful. The only reason I managed to beat it is because my desire to beat all of the Final Fantasy games far outweighed my hatred for this single game.

Though I don't think it's the worst RPG in history, I don't particularly love it, myself. Nice to see some varied opinions though.

The worst RPG I've ever played would definitely be Unlimited Saga. Either that, or Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth. I don't think Unlimited Saga needs to be explained, but Hoshigami's difficulty was just through the roof. I spent something like 14 hours in the game (Most of it grinding) and I'm on something like the 5th map. For those who do not know, it is an SRPG / TRPG.

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

^ Bah, there is always one that has to come in like be totally annoyed. Tis childish behaviour my dear.
    I MEANT ROGUE XD

Haha..I'm glad someone came in here and was man enough to admit their dislike for FFVI XD

I haven't played a wide variety of RPG's..I would say Magna Carta, but I don't think it is one.

I'll just go with..FF1? I know it was the first FF game..but it really bored me.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Earthbound.
    Quoted for Mothersmurfing truth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Setzer Gabianni View Post
    Haha..I'm glad someone came in here and was man enough to admit their dislike for FFVI XD
    I dislike VI but my hate for X and X-2 is far much worse.

*curls up in corner*
    Can't say FFVII, fanboys will eat me
    Can't say FFVII, fanboys will eat me...

Which FF Character Are You?

(SPOILER) This Signature STILL contains spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon. A butchery of a remake that may have ended this awesome series once and for all.
    Oh man that game sucked....I also found Sudeki fine at the start then it went crp until i found out i was stuck in some lab...Then i got to kill this big Mech spider and the guy who's versing it is the weakest one...How the hell do they plan this?!!?!?!?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Erdrick Holmes View Post
    Earthbound.
    Pay attention class: When Joel agrees with something I say, it's 99% certain that I was being ironic/sarcastic/jejune.

In actuality the worst ones I can think of are Unlimited SaGa, SaGa Frontier 2, and Technomage.

Quest 64. God awful. And it was the only RPG the N64 had for ages. :P

Shining Tears, InuYasha and the Secret Of The Cursed Mask, and Final Fantasy VIII.

I didn't like FFVII and X-2 either. At all. Quest 64 was also garbage.

Blog Entries

Brandishes 1 and 2 (the screen changing direction when turning+main character walking like a robot+bad hit detection=LAME)

Evolution. That series was boring, and poorly-contrived.

TimeStalkers on Dreamcast, no need to explain that one.

Azure Dreams on GB was pure crap.

Oh, and I 've forgotten if this counts (haven't played it in a long time) but Granstream Saga outright sucks. I remember magazines praising the hell out of it, saying it was one of the best games ever. Bought it a few days after it came out for 40 bucks and got so pissed at how crappy it was. The gameplay, graphics, everything about the game was subpar at best. In short, the biggest disappointment of an RPG ever.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Earthbound.
    Pay attention class: When Joel agrees with something I say, it's 99% certain that I was being ironic/sarcastic/jejune.
    I'm glad you clarified, because I wasn't sure at first whether you were being facetious. Had you not been, there would be much rejoicing, and by rejoicing, I mean castration. By the way, nice pun, Erdrick.

Oh, and the Final Fantasy Legend games for GameBoy suck.

Blog Entries

Earthbound.

In actuality the worst ones I can think of are Unlimited SaGa, SaGa Frontier 2, and Technomage.
    I loved Saga Frontier 2 except the HORRID telling of the stories, too much jumping around. but the world was beutiful.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Setzer Gabianni View Post
    I preach the tiness that is FFVI. Dude...the game just sucks. Talk about a SNOOOZE festival...rofl rofl rofl. Where is the glory of the ROFL Copter when you need it?

Actually, I take my responce back. Xenosaga is the worst RPG ever, because it's more cutscene than game. I don't smurfing care about how rediculously overcomplex the story is, I JUST WANNA PLAY and when it does let you play the game is boring as smurf. Battles feel more like chores.