Thread: Best Moments in Anime

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Default Best Moments in Anime

From anime you've seen, what are some of the best moments you can remember? Note that I didn't particularly ask for favourites, though it can overlap. For example, not stuff like: "My favourite moment was when *character* was killed. He sucked." cuz while you may have greatly enjoyed it, it wasn't exactly a 'great' moment.

For me, there is a moment in episode 26 of Eureka 7, where Eureka and Renton reunite in mid-air in the middle of a pretty big battle in the sky. It probably doesn't seem so epic from that brief description, but if you had watched the show up until then it is a really big moment. There's a whole bunch of stuff leading up to that point that would be difficult to type here, especially to avoid spoilers. The beautiful and smooth animation and the upbeat music in the background do nothing but add to the experience. This episode is probably the most-played video file on my computer, I'm sure I've watched it on more than 30 different occasions in over a year since I've had it.

I think the DVD with this episode will be DVD 6, which comes out in March. There are several other highpoints in E7 that have made it rise to be in my top 3 anime of all time, but this definitely reaches the furthest.

I have more that I can contribute another time, but I'd like to see what other members here can remember. I know there are quite a few magical girl fans here, so I'm expecting some Sailor Moon and perhaps Card Captors stuff to pop in.

Blog Entries

Asuka's death in NGE is the highlight of the series for me. I've favourited this scene on YouTube so I can watch it whenever I feel like it.

Can't think of any more at the moment.

Blog Entries

The final of Chrno Crussade when [SPOILERS]Rosette and Chrno died setaed outside with their heads resting in each other[/SPOILERS] It was amazing!

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu episode 12. God knows.

That's all I need to say.

Also, the entirety of episode 11/13, Day of Saggitarius. Bloody brilliant.

oreodaredattoomotteyagaru Recognized Member JKTrix's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Site Staff

Darn Void, I was saving that one for later :P But while we're on that topic, I'm gonna branch out a bit.

Someone, make it happen.

Turning the TV off during Naruto.
    JOY IS A BITCH, but she is so adorable!
    generated by sloganizer.net
    Kaycee says (12:06 AM):
    whos' obama?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In Azumanga Daioh.

Just about any moment in Ruroni Kenshin.

To be more specific, the ending of Hotaru no Haka (grave of the fireflies). The ending is just so sad, not just because of the death, but the song really enhances the feeling.

And the part of FullMetal Alchemist where (SPOILER) Ed goes through the gate and ends un in London during WWI
    And the ending of the series. I just like the way it's told (through a letter to Winry) and the song they play.

Blog Entries

When Silver Knight comes back to The World and saves Shugo from the Ceroulion Knights. in .HACK//Legend of the Twilight

Quote Originally Posted by Mo-Nercy View Post
    Asuka's death in NGE is the highlight of the series for me. I've favourited this scene on YouTube so I can watch it whenever I feel like it.

Can't think of any more at the moment.
    Same for me! The End of Evangelion dvd, has a scratch because i have viewed this scene a million times! The battle with MP Evas and then the sad part!
    Gotta love the background music, "Air" is one of the best classic pieces ever!

"People Always Lie" - House MD.

Member of the KH Trinity

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

The first time you see Tsukasa get killed in Dot Hack//SIGN.

okay. more stuff...

the first seen where you see Edward traveling in search of food with Ein in Cowboy Bebop... talk about trip out ~_~

it's not fun, don't do it Moon Rabbits's Avatar

Well, you all like to not mark spoilers. Luckily, I've seen all of/don't plan on seeing everything posted so far.

.hack//SIGN had some pretty neat scenes. Anything with Subaru pretty much rocked, especially when she and Tsukasa were walking around holding hands and she was all tattered and such.

Sailor Moon has some pretty great scenes. Like when Usagi sees Mamoru get impaled by Zoicite and she re-awakens.

Also, the Fight of Ten Warriors or whatever that episode was called in R when the Senshi fight the Wierd Sisters and Moon protects Chibiusa and it's all "OMG EMOTIONAL".

Queen Beryl vs. Queen Serenity = amazing too. Even in the English dub it was great. Actually, I prefer the voice acter in the dub in that scene, she's much more emotional and moving ;o~

Haruhi Suzumiya, Episode 6 (By chronological order). When they are in the dream. <333

I also rather liked the part in Escaflowne when the Escaflowne turns black and Hitomi has to go get Van out of Atlantis.

Ginji Amano the Lightning emperor Vs. Kurodo Akabane aka. Dr. Jakcyl. Pick one of their fights, they all rocked, especially their first encounter.

THe entire Bebop movie was amazing, especially the ending. Bebops ending is also the best ending in any anime.

Even though DBZ is kind of stupid now, I still love it when Buu first awakens.

The entirety of Azumagna is amazing, though my favorite part being, "Mr. Kimura, why did you become a teacher?"
    "Because I like High School Girls! Thats Why!" and then all the boys crying at his honesty.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Three words:

"Oh mah gaaaah~" - Azumanga Daioh