Thread: Well and truly stuck

STILL Anti Balthier Setzer Gabianni's Avatar

Default Well and truly stuck

I'm 87 hrs 48 mins into the game.
    My clan funds are 2354073
    My Clan Level is 77
    Clan Points 70
    I've done 265 Missions
    All those skill level things are all above 70, apart from one.

My main party consists of:

LV33 Numou called Quin (Sage). He wields a Cactus Stick, has equipped also Ice Shield, Black Hat, Blaze Robe, Feather Boots.

LV34 Bangaa called Skimble (Gladiator). He wields an Ebon Blade, Wizard Hat, Bracers, Feather Boots and Wygar.

LV40 Marche (Fighter). He has Sun Blade, Ninja Gear, Sacri Shield, and Bracers.

LV33 Bangaa called Homer (Currently a Templar, was a Monk). He wields a Javelin (I'm making sure he learns all Templar skills), Battle Boots, Scarab, Diamond Armor, Bangaa Helm.

Lv35 Hume called Jang (Soldier). He holds Chirijiraden, Maximillian, La Seraphica, Gauntlets, Thief Hat.

Lv36 Montblanc (Black Mage). He holds a Sapere Aude, Black Robe, Caligula, Fortune Ring, and Magic Ring.

Lv36 Viera called Wanda (White Mage). She holds Nirvana Staff, Magic Ring, Circlet, Thunder Robe, Fairy Shoes.

I'm pretty much sorted team wise. Mostly everyone, apart from Homer and Wanda have attack stats over 400. Wanda, for obvious reasons. Homer, because I'm training him as a Templar from scratch.

You'll probably wonder why I did this. More to come.

I can't do any new missions. Whatsoever. Some missions as players will already know require certain jobs. Not all my clan, inc the characters I don't use, do not have these job classes that are required to do missions.

I suppose more then anything, someone can give me a hint on what to do with my characters, to help me at least past these missions:

Conundrum (I don't know how to get hold of any Zodiac Ore, I need two pieces!)

Run For Fun (Ah, how do I get a Juggler class?!)

Clocktower (How do I get a Gadgeteer?)

Crusite Alloy (Also needs 2 Zodiac Ore)

Hat For a Girl (Where do I get White Thread, Magic Cloth?)

Minstrel Song (Where do I get Black Thread?)

Fashion World (Magic Cotton needed!)

[Reserve Mission] My Mission: (Golden Vessel and Vermillion needed)

Soldier's Wish (Clock Post wanted)

Weaver's War (Crusite Alloy)

Fashion Hoopla (Magic Cotton needed)

For those FFTA experts who can help me, please do! I want to complete all the missions, and get past the problem missions that need certain classes >.>

If you want to link me to a guide or anything, just link to me something that just tells me how to get clan members into different job classes, or where I can the material from.

I don't need a complete walkthrough as such. I do hope someone can help me

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.
    She loves it more then X!

Quote Originally Posted by Setzer Gabianni View Post
    I'm 87 hrs 48 mins into the game.
    My clan funds are 2354073
    My Clan Level is 77
    Clan Points 70
    I've done 265 Missions
    All those skill level things are all above 70, apart from one.

My main party consists of:

LV33 Numou called Quin (Sage). He wields a Cactus Stick, has equipped also Ice Shield, Black Hat, Blaze Robe, Feather Boots.

LV34 Bangaa called Skimble (Gladiator). He wields an Ebon Blade, Wizard Hat, Bracers, Feather Boots and Wygar.

LV40 Marche (Fighter). He has Sun Blade, Ninja Gear, Sacri Shield, and Bracers.

LV33 Bangaa called Homer (Currently a Templar, was a Monk). He wields a Javelin (I'm making sure he learns all Templar skills), Battle Boots, Scarab, Diamond Armor, Bangaa Helm.

Lv35 Hume called Jang (Soldier). He holds Chirijiraden, Maximillian, La Seraphica, Gauntlets, Thief Hat.

Lv36 Montblanc (Black Mage). He holds a Sapere Aude, Black Robe, Caligula, Fortune Ring, and Magic Ring.

Lv36 Viera called Wanda (White Mage). She holds Nirvana Staff, Magic Ring, Circlet, Thunder Robe, Fairy Shoes.

I'm pretty much sorted team wise. Mostly everyone, apart from Homer and Wanda have attack stats over 400. Wanda, for obvious reasons. Homer, because I'm training him as a Templar from scratch.

You'll probably wonder why I did this. More to come.

I can't do any new missions. Whatsoever. Some missions as players will already know require certain jobs. Not all my clan, inc the characters I don't use, do not have these job classes that are required to do missions.

I suppose more then anything, someone can give me a hint on what to do with my characters, to help me at least past these missions:

Conundrum (I don't know how to get hold of any Zodiac Ore, I need two pieces!)

Run For Fun (Ah, how do I get a Juggler class?!)

Clocktower (How do I get a Gadgeteer?)

Crusite Alloy (Also needs 2 Zodiac Ore)

Hat For a Girl (Where do I get White Thread, Magic Cloth?)

Minstrel Song (Where do I get Black Thread?)

Fashion World (Magic Cotton needed!)

[Reserve Mission] My Mission: (Golden Vessel and Vermillion needed)

Soldier's Wish (Clock Post wanted)

Weaver's War (Crusite Alloy)

Fashion Hoopla (Magic Cotton needed)

For those FFTA experts who can help me, please do! I want to complete all the missions, and get past the problem missions that need certain classes >.>

If you want to link me to a guide or anything, just link to me something that just tells me how to get clan members into different job classes, or where I can the material from.

I don't need a complete walkthrough as such. I do hope someone can help me
    Zodiac Ore is most easily obtained from the mission "Dig Dig Dig", which is repeatable, about once a year.

Gadgeteer and Juggler are both Moogle classes. Both require two Thief A-Abilities. For more info on how to get certain classes, check here.

Forget My Mission, it is completely impossible without either trading or cheating.

The Clock Post is part of an annoying chain that getting a Gadgeteer (not Montblance, since he can't take dispatches) is required for, so once you get one, you should have no trouble.

Crusite Alloy is from two Zodiac Ore, so keep looking for Dig Dig Dig.

There is a repeatable quest for Magic Cotton, and you need the cotton to get the Magic Cloth.

That should be enough to get you unstuck.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Forget My Mission, it is completely impossible without either trading or cheating.
    If I was to trade..how would I get those items? I don't understand the trading concept of the game o.o

Quote Renmiri on FFXII
    I bitch about the game a lot, mainly for the lack of story and weak characters, but it is still the best of the series out there.

One of the availible trading options is to trade mission items. Find a friend with those items, and trade for them.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Or, you know, get friends first.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Hah..funny.

So..how would someone have them to trade when I was told that it is impossible to get them yourselves in the game?

Quote Renmiri on FFXII

There are a total of four Reserve Missions in the game. Three of them are 7 day dispatch missions, each of which gives you an item. The items availible from these missions are the Eldagusto, the Vermillion, and the Gold Vessel. Each player will only get one of those three. "My Mission" requires the two of those that you did not get. So, since you need the Gold Vessel and the Vermillion, you got the Eldagusto from your first Reserve Mission.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Did you know, depending on what set of reserve missions you get (there are 4 sets, one works), you can do them without trading.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Yes, it is possible to get all three of the item giving missions, and not My Mission. What decides which ones you get is unknown. But if you get My Mission, you have to either cheat or trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Yes, it is possible to get all three of the item giving missions, and not My Mission. What decides which ones you get is unknown. But if you get My Mission, you have to either cheat or trade.
    Agreed and i think you should do it..

Ah, thanks for explaining! I'll have to look around for someone to trade with then >.>;; I'll also do what else you said guys =D

But the info is great ta!

Oh - where does Dig Dig Dig appear at most often? Meaning what town ;

Just want to know if it shows up in a certain place.

Quote Renmiri on FFXII

When you say "Dig Dig Dig" is repeatable once a year, do you mean Game Time or Real Life Time?
    This_egg_hatches_on_04/05/06!_Adopt_one_today_from_pickle-green.com/egraphics!This_egg_hatches_on_04/05/06!_Adopt_one_today_from_pickle-green.com/egraphics!

Game time. Each time you move a world map tile 1 day passes. The month appears in the corner.

So that's 240 days, right?
    (20 days x 12 months = 240 days)
    This_egg_hatches_on_04/05/06!_Adopt_one_today_from_pickle-green.com/egraphics!This_egg_hatches_on_04/05/06!_Adopt_one_today_from_pickle-green.com/egraphics!

There are only 5 months. So that's 100 days.