Thread: Leviathan...help!

Default Leviathan...help!

Okay yeah I'm having trouble beating those two judges (before Ghis) and their minions. Recommended levels? Gambits? Strategies? Should I attack the judges or the minions first?
    Last edited by Hambone; 01-07-2007 at 04:23 AM.

Fickle Fanboy Recognized Member Drex's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Frontsite Contributions

I almost always take out minions first in situations like that, because they deal similar damage but have much fewers hits. Plus I don't think in that battle that they respawn at all. Can't give any level recommendations because I don't remember what level I did it at. Sorry.

I would personally attack the minions first.... The judge's damage if memory serves isn't all that grand, and less people hitting you = good.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

NOOOO!!!! KILL THE JUDGES FIRST!!! That's exactly what I did, since Balthier said something. I didn't think that would work because in these situations it's best not to, but it did. It's that damn Ghis that's giving me trouble x.x

Kill those Magus first and then focus all your team onto the two Judges. Once the Judges fall, everyone will also die

First of all if you know any Quickenings use it second if you don't, get rid of the minions then the judges. Don't worry if you lose you main party because you still have your backup party. If you get too weak after the battle go find the save spot where you found Ashe at.

Thanks Polaris for the Awesome Avy and Sig!
    Beaten FF I,III,IV,V,VI,VII,VII CC,VII DC, VIII,IX,X,XII,XIII Dissidia Currently on I&X-2

O Captain! My Captain! Spawn of Sephiroth's Avatar

I too had alot of trouble at this point. The easiest way that I found to do this is to cast a Quickening, try to get as many hits in as many as possible. But take out the judges first. Don't worry about the other four. IT IS EASIER THAT WAY.

Loki: I have an army.
    Stark: We have a HULK!

Yeah I beat it. I just had Fran and Basch use quickenings at the very beginning of the battle which took care of the minions and knocked about 1000 h.p. off the judges. Ghis was easy also. I beat him on the first try...I'm trying to get to the Pharoh...something or whatever it's called. The part with all the Alraunes.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I'm telling you, it really is best to eliminate the judges this time :P
    I'm STILL stuck here, leveling up to at LEAST fifteen, because I can't seem to beat Judge Ghis, and I tried quickenings, but they didn't do as much as I thought...maybe it's not working right....

BUT when this came up I just got rid of the judges first and I had no problem.

I got rid of the Judges first when I fought them. Once the Judges are defeated the battle will end. Casting Disable helps keep all of the other guards from attacking you while you beat on the Judges. I didn't use any Quickenings for this fight. They are pretty much useless when you only have 1 character that has Licensed any. Make sure to have a decent Gambit setup too. They make a huge difference.
    Last edited by Xurts; 01-14-2007 at 06:16 AM.