Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All eyes on fran

Moomba All eyes on fran

Something that has been bugging me for a while know. Every battle that iam in the monsters always ALWAYS go straight for fran! I cant stop it (except by casting decoy, But I shouldn't have to every single battle it becomes redundent, whats even more redundent is the fact that every time she shows her face every moster on the field ignores all my people and goes straight for her its driving me crazy!

The way i see it there gambits must be set on attack "lowest hp or strengh or hell something because i cant keep emptying my gil for all the phoenix downs i need for her

anyone else with this problem maybe a glitch?

Last edited by Diango12; 12-27-2006 at 10:13 PM.

They are all jealous of how gorgeous she is. This is my only reasoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    They are all jealous of how gorgeous she is. This is my only reasoning.
    QFT

She's not gorgeous. She's a giant mutant bunny woman.

Goddamn furries.

Because God punishes those who use Fran instead of Ashe.

It's the way of the world.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Thats good for you because you could like put protect and junk on Fran and they would be wasting their attacks on a Protected character.

Vaan, Ashe, and Fran R best team in the 6ame.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Man devouring man, dear. Aphrodite.'s Avatar

I've never had any monsters attack a specific character for no reason. If the monster's A.I. has a gambit like Foe: nearest visible - Attack, then that's the only way I can put it together. Monsters almost always go for who is closest or who attacks first.

What do you have Fran using? Is she attacking before anyone else?

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah most likely he/she is using Fran as the leader.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

They could have used a modified version of FFXI's hate system, in which spells, attacks, basically everything generates different amounts of hate on a character which will focus the mob's attention. In FFXI, white mages in particular get hate frequently because of their constant curing. I tried to pay attention to this possibility as I played, but I couldn't ever tell for certain if this was the case or if a gambit was producing the results.
    Most likely though, the mobs' gambits are targeting fran for some reason. Remember, they have more/different gambits than our PC's do, so it might be something that's not so obvious. It's hard to speculate, but the only method I can think of to determine exactly what's going on is to mess with Fran's stats. First compare her stats to everyone else's and if she has something that's obviously higher than the others then that may be what's giving her so much hate. eg. Foe: Highest Str --> Attack. Move her hp/mp/str/def/etc up and down and see if you get any results.

Thats good for you because you could like put protect and junk on Fran and they would be wasting their attacks on a Protected character.
    Of course I thought of this but I wont go for it. I already have her as my black mage it's to far in the game now to look back, besides i have solid snake (basch) and vaan to do all my front line attacks

and no I don't lead the way into battle with my mages my main character throughout the entire game has been Vaan

I can't see that it could be gambits because then it would mean every monster in the game share the same gambit if it was there should be some variation in the battles and believe me when i say everytime I mean Everytime.

The only possibility left is the hate system you mentioned, though I will try changing her stats a bit

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Just level her up more or give her better armor. This way while the monsters are busy with her your other 2 pwn them
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Lol I said that
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    She's not gorgeous. She's a giant mutant bunny woman.

Goddamn furries.
    Fran is, by far, the hottest playable character in the game. Nice face, nice boobsm, nice butt in a thong. It's just too bad about those damn bunny ears.
    "The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural."

--Chancellor Palpatine

Final Fantasy VIII: The Lionheart. Book one of my novelization.

"Being a hero is not what will save you, Squall Leonhart. You are searching for the wrong treasure."

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

And the fur and the hands and the feet and the 8 feet of height?