Thread: Explain this...slowly now

Gonna Overdrive your ass! Siegfried's Avatar

Default Explain this...slowly now

Explain the CoP missions to me...I think i can start my Promys but im not sure..explain from stip one to starting promys and so on and so forth...
    P.S. Allakazham seems unclear to me
    Beware of my look a like!

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I'm probably not the best one to respond but I just can't let a thread sit with no responses.

While not currently on a mission for your city, enter Lower Delkfutt's Tower and you should get a CS. After the CS ends, go to Upper Jeuno and speak to Monbereau (sp?) in the Infirmary. You'll see another cutscene. Next, go to Ru'Lude Gardens and speak to the man who mumbles something about Emptyness in the Arch Duke's place. When you finish this, you should be able to access the Promyvions.

Again, I may be (am probably) wrong so don't quote me on that.

Gonna Overdrive your ass! Siegfried's Avatar

Thats what i thought...but i can just do them now???
    huh...ok
    Beware of my look a like!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You can't do them alone. They're capped at level 30, and the bosses are rather hard even with a full party. You can't fight it as an alliance either, but you can fight as an alliance up to the boss fight.

Your best bet would be to find a group of people that do these things at regular intervals. Depending on the strategy they use, you will be asked to bring various items, such as healing potions. You will also be asked to bring different types of Animas. The leader will probably tell you on beforehand which types of Anima you're supposed to bring, and when to use them.

My group wiped on my first try <,<.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

There should also be one final cut scene with the gaurds in the palace, in the guards quaters. One of them if I recall initiates a cut scene to mention the tele crystals at the crags have shattered. I remember that being a big problem with getting promy access for some LS mates a while back when we were doing promies.
    This space intentionally left blank.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    They're capped at level 30
    actually to my knowledge (in other words I am probably wrong u_u) I think some expand the cap to up to 75 (like the (SPOILER)Diablos battle. or something.

edit: listen to the leader is ussually the better thing to do

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

The first three promyvions are capped at 30.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Eracia's CoP guide is the best you'll find.

CoP Missions are pretty much the most difficult in the game so don't tackle them lightly.

Did this Sunday night and got wiped at the boss. Got it to about 3/4 hp and it hit me HARD, killing me. Then it was only a matter of time before everyone else died since I was the tank.

I know now that I was under equipped for the fight. Someone in my LS said it was easy, and it was...up until we fought the boss.
    [leeza]Holy crap! This is 855.22 kb! Our limit is 50. Read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Those bosses can turn the tables real quick when you least expect it, so whatever you do, don't jinx the battle by going "OMG WE'RE GONNA WIN!!!" cos that's when the boss spams carousel and everybody dies ^^
    jkhkjg

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    I beat my promies with smn/whm, smn/whm, smn/whm, whm/blm, war/nin, war/nin. We kicked major ass and beat the record. ^^b
    Astral freaking flow for the win.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    There should also be one final cut scene with the gaurds in the palace, in the guards quaters. One of them if I recall initiates a cut scene to mention the tele crystals at the crags have shattered. I remember that being a big problem with getting promy access for some LS mates a while back when we were doing promies.
    I need to look into that, then. I haven't done that and the site that I checked to make sure I did everything didn't mention it. Thanks.

It could be for something else, and I did it way back in the CoP release days, so I could be mistaken. It could be for something else CoP/promy related and not the actual promies. Either way it's worth looking into. Better safe then sorry when you reach the top of the spire.
    This space intentionally left blank.