Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

No healers? Isn't that called suicide?

Nah, I've got stubborness to back it up!

The bard will heal...once i get past Goldor....I hope....><

Worst comes to worst, Ill still be in pretty good shape the rest of the game :P

With my Viking and dragoon, combined they take down a guy, dark knight takes out the whole field with souleater, i have bloodsword equipped on him too! And my bard keeps em protected.

So it could be alot worse.

alot worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

Spoken like a true Dwarf! Healers are for sissies who can't hold their Ale!

but, er... hyeah... Just don't try to use magic against Goldor. It'll do you no good. Aside from that, the bloodswords should keep you alive.
    The project that was awesome, has fallen apart... oh well.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Buggersmurferations. No magic. I guess I have to train my blm as either brd or melee. I'm at the same spot (training to lv 25 first though) and my party layout is dark knight, white mage, knight, black mage. (Changed Arc back to blm after trying brd)

Just to let you know bleys, this is my 2nd time going through (so no heal\er for a change, meh) and after you beat goldor, you have access to an island that has pretty good bard stuff, so you might be switchin arc back if you want the bard action.

O...crap, I am out of smurfin magic keys. *Sigh* Luneth is going to have a crappy time in battle for a while
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep, found that stuff. Just got the Nautilus...Now...what the devil do I have to do to make Evoker useful? He can't use any of my black magic, I can't find a shop that sells summons, and I'm level 28, so no way I could win any ffxi-style avatar battles....seriously, if you have to be 40+ to make use of the Evoker class, why is it unlocked so early in the game?

uhm there's a town on the big continent, with the kingdom, at the northern edge, that sells some low level summons... Just follow it along the northern coast, chocobo, ifrit, shive, titan and one other. Basically, they sell all 5, because the other 3 are Odin, Leviathan and Odin.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I wish they sold summons

But intresting question, I also switched to an Evoker class (but quickly switched to DK) after i found out that no summons were available.

One wacky expectation may be that they learn them ???

EDITarn you jackal! you made my post null
    Last edited by NINJA_Ryu; 01-16-2007 at 04:32 AM.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Um...they do sell summons, as ljkkjlcm9 pointed out. You have to buy them at Replito, a town northwest of Salonia (which you should probably avoid until later after you've explored the world and seen all the different shops for different classes.

Thankfully, the Bard and Geomancer town Duster is on an island located practically at the center of the world map.

I don't know about anyone else, but I always got through FF's my own way. I have stuck w/Red mage, Black Mage, White mage & a Warrior so far and all are at around lvl 32's right now. I'm sure I'll have to switch jobs up for efficient tasking but I have just been grinding more than I should and been dealing w/"more difficult" parts/bosses/enemies pretty much w/ease.

I've put in about 21 hours into the game so far. I don't know. I don't know much as some of you about the intricacy of Job proficiency but I'm doing my own thing, which seems to be doing alright for me so far. Good game. Expected story and gameplay for a 16 y/o title.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If you take the time to level up Geomancer it can be pretty great. The only thing mine does that doesn't do better than any attacks my melees do is Whirlpool, and even that one hit kills sometimes. It has a problem of low defense, but just put it in the back row. Terrain isn't affected by row. As you increase job level you get a better chance of getting advanced attacks with Terrain. Shadow Flare rocks. Once time I was facing a hard boss and I got Shadow Flare with Terrain which killed it.

Right now I have just gotten the submarine. I use Knight or Dragoon depending on who has better equipment for the time being, and then Geomancer, White Mage, Black Mage. I'll upgrade the mages to Devout and Summoner when I get them. I'll also try out Ninja. I also use Dark Knight sometimes because Souleater is pretty useful at times.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

No one spoke of the useless class of a ranger yet? >_>.

Also, with monks, I don't like their retaliate. if the enemy only does physical attacks, I have a 25% chance of getting hit.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In what way are Rangers useless? They went out of their way to make sure that all classes are balanced out; no class is useless.

Rangers in particular are very good at dealing great damage earlier on with Rapidfire, and their elemental arrows really help against the water-based enemies you fight right when you get them. I don't see how they're useless.

Their rapidfire is nice, but it would be better to choose which ones to shoot at. Plus, it takes a lot of arrows.

I didn't find them to be too strong, even with the right arrows, my regular fighters were better.

I was going to switch to them, but found out that the strongest bow I have is 70 strength. And the arrows can be anywhere from 20-30. So thats like 100 right? any one of the other weapons I have equipped right now has more strength than that. Plus, dual weilding makes it double.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's all well and good, but just because a class or character is more powerful than another doesn't make it useless.