Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Job evaluations

I AM NOT A PRETTY BOY! Shin Gouken's Avatar

Im going to back Bolivar are on the usefullness of the scholer. I mastered one (very early too... they level pretty quick) With the book upgrades he could hit for just a little under my knight... and when his elemental books attack enemies with a weakness to them he surpasses my knight. Double the effect of Spells cast by items gives him stronger magic than my black mage. Clearly under-rated seeing as its been mentioned in this thread just once
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Ivalice is not simply a place in a game. It is a real world, it lives and breathes

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

The reason it levels so quick is because it is the only Job that gets 20/99 points apart from Freelancer.

The Onion Knight would suck to raise (It's like... lower than 10... or something)

I'm new here, but I have a few things to add and ask. (Warning, long post!)

Bards
    First off, Bards are incredibly useful. They can top off the entire party's health, cast 3 different buffs and Requieum (I believe) does the inverse of the ammount of damage the monster did the last turn. Meaning on the first turn a Bard can hit any monster for it's max hit. On the world of darkness bosses and the final boss Requieum will do 9999 damage on the opening round. Also if the monster does very little damage one round (like if your Viking Provokes and takes 0dmg) Requieum will do the same dmg as on the opening turn. On lower level trash their regular Attack (with the right harp equiped) can stiffle, confuse or sleep. This is just an all-around awesome support class.

Tanks: Knights vs Vikings
    In my personal experience, these are the two most usefull "Tank classes". Vikings for their provoke, and Knights for their well-roundedness and their "Life Saving" ability.
    Vikings: With 2 Crystal Sheilds and Protect on, the End boss will critical (with physical attacks) for 0-1 dmg on a Viking in the front row. And at higher job levels, Vikings can Provoke to get the Boss' attention making healing almost unnecessary (assuming you don't miss). Plus they do pretty good damage and most of their hammers do lightning damage. But remember, when you Provoke, your Viking can't do anything else, so while your team isnt' taking as much damage only 3 people are doing damage. In short Vikings can limit or totally eliminate damage done to other group members by using Provoke (its effectivness is directly related to your Job Level).

Knights: Do MASSIVE damage with the right weapons and a high Job level. My 99 Knight would consistantly do max damage and could do more damage than my Black Belt (assuming the BB didn't take a turn to charge). Also if you don't have a Bard to sing Minne, one of the Knight weapons (forget the name) can cast Protect on a group member without using any MP. Knights have very high defense which is greatly increased with Defend and can cast Cure and Posiona. Their Tanking ability soley relies on their ability to "Rescue" other group members that would normally die from an attack. That saves your healer from having to cast Arise a lot! Basically, Knights have high defense, great damage, and moderate ulility, but you have very little control over their ability to reduce the damage done to the rest of your team.

IMO this is how it breaks down. Vikings are better if you need some one to actively Tank. Provoke allows you to make sure that the monster focuses on your Viking and not the squishies in your party. On the other hand, they do not do as much damage as other classes and cannot do anything else if they are Provoking. Knights on the other hand are much more versitile. They have well rounded stats, high defense, can heal, buff, do damage and can block damage to any teamate in the yellow. You can't control a Knight's ability to "Rescue" a teamate, but they do lots of other usefull stuff and their "Rescue" ability does not take up a turn.

Depending on your style of play, both classes are very, very usefull in the end game.

Sorry about how long this post got, but I got carried away. Anyways, I do have one question. Why does everyone love Ninja's so much? Seems to me like their vitality is really low and they take alot of damage. I know you can stand in the back row and shuriken for 9999, but my Black Belt could do 9999 damage and didn't take as much damage standing in the front as my Ninja does standing in the back. Can some one explain why everyone <3s Ninjas more than BBs?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I don't like or use either BB or NinNinNin~