Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money vs. Quality MY Dilemma (which version of FFVII to get)

Default Money vs. Quality MY Dilemma (which version of FFVII to get)

Considering this is revolved around FFVII, I was thinking which version of FFVII to get. One is of better quality (PS1 vesrsion), but costs a huge amount of money (but using my report card money and leftover Xmas money and my allowance I have accumulated after I beat FFVI and V) I may be able to get it. Or I can get the very cheap PC version (I have Windows XP upstairs, thinking the version would help in the decision) and save a LOT of money, but then there will be a lot of problems I need to fix via patches. I do not want to download patches, but I will do what I must.

I am wondering which version to get, Final Fantasy VII PS1 or Final Fantasy VII PC? I would like to here your suggestions and reasoning behind your thoughts. Money shouldn't be an issue after all the money I ultimately have.

Mods: If you feel this should be in a different forum, thread, or should be absent all together, do not hesitate to merge, close, complain, move, or delete this thread depending on the circumstances.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've never tried the PC version so I don't know exactly how difficult it is to get it to work, but I can tell you there's been a ton of threads over the years with people that are having trouble with that version. So you'd probably save yourself some trouble getting the PS version and buying it off of eBay or Amazon shouldn't be too expensive.

I've played both, but it depends what system u've got. if its low that u should have no problem, but if it's a high quality one it'll crash. but the patches are the the Edios web site if you need them. On thing is it take ages to load the movies.
    but the Ps version has no problems (unless you scrach the disk).
    Post which one you get
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

Why do you imprison your saviour?

I have a question. Would an Europeon FFVII (PS1) work with an American Play Station (since IIRC, Sony isn't regional free)

Nope, not without modification or a swap disc.

The PS version will work as long as the disc is useable, but you'll only get the basic game. With the PC version, it may take some work to make it functional, but there are patches you can download to change almost anything you like, allowing you to customise the game to your liking.

Go for the PS version. It shouldn't cost that much on eBay.

When I downloaded bought the PC version, I didn't have any troubles at all. Some of the sound effects were off because it uses crappy midi sounds and my sound card was too good to run it all properly or some silly thing, but it was no biggie. I didn't have to download any patches or anything. Mine was the Ultima Version or whatever, and that could have made some difference in how well it functioned I guess.

Probably safer just to buy a playstation version if you're going to get one. It's not gonna break the bank, but it is still kinda expensive =/ Could be worth the higher price for less fuss, though, for sure.

i say go for the ps version, its very cheap and much better quality

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Zora View Post
    I have a question. Would an Europeon FFVII (PS1) work with an American Play Station (since IIRC, Sony isn't regional free)
    You basically answered your own question.

FFVII works fine on an XP system as long as you patch it up a bit, and it looks the same as on the PS1. However, you sit further away from the screen when playing on a TV, and a TV isn't as crisp as a PC monitor. Therefore, you don't notice how :skull::skull::skull::skull:ty the graphics are when playing on a TV, but the graphics are in reality poorer than on the PC.
    Last edited by Mirage; 01-14-2007 at 02:11 AM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Isn't it only like... $15USD for PS1? How is that expensive?

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Not quite.

You're kidding me? I can easily get it in Australia for $20, and we're on the craphole end of the gaming grace.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

You're kidding me? I can easily get it in Australia for $20, and we're on the craphole end of the gaming grace.
    I live in America. On Ebay (and Amazon and whatever else you can think of), they are typically $50-70.

I should have gotten that $20 FFVII PS 3 years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by LunarWeaver View Post
    Not quite.
    wow wtf? That really got expensive over the last couple years. You're better off just looking around in stores for a cheap used copy. I got my original MGS game for $8 by doing that.