Thread: Chocobo Eggs

Default Chocobo Eggs

ok, so, i was stupid, and didnt do the chocobo whistle quest WHILE i was still raseing the chocobo >.<. so now im gonna make another chocobo. but...i dont want to end up with a yellow one. now, im at the little mithra girl in jeuno..and, theres 3 eggs. faintly warm, warm, and something else. will these different eggs creats different chocobos? and, can people tell me how i can get a black one? and plus..how the hell do i get my chocobo whistle?
    Too big.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You can't choose a colour. No matter which egg you get, it's still random.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Best way to get a colored chocobi is to mate it with someone else's colored one. It'll give you the best probability of it being that color. Though it's not garunteed.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bugger. I thought it was based on stats, so I mated my yellow to a blue hoping to get a red ><

pinchpinchpinchpinchpinch ScottNUMBERS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Assuming you have a fully grown Chocobo; Go to San d'Oria Chocobo stables and speak to the 'Chocobo NPC' and he'll tell you something about requiring a bond with your Chocobo or something of the like. Now, go back to the stable where your Chocobo is kept and take your Chocobo for a walk, your Chocobo should turn away, and you'll be given the option to search for something (sometimes your Chocobo will catch you and you will have to take him for another walk to be able to search again). If you find it take it back to San d'Oria stables as proof of the bond between you and your bird and the 'Chocobo NPC' will reward you with a Chocobo Whistle.

Use it sparingly as each charge costs 1,000G, although the first 25 are free.