Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: This game definitly recieves too much hate

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The game is technically like 3 days long and they fell in love.
    20-01-2007 07:16 PM
    There is no real proof of how long any FF lasts unless directly stated.

Even so you could say that about many films and games. Still real.

think you should both play the game from the beginning because you really dont get the games story.
    I feel I understand it fine, Are there any paticular parts you don't think I get?

Heck I doubt if Square actually know what time compression is.
    Sure they do, it's their game And if you folow like I do time compression is pretty simple to understand.

Oh this is just Pathetic... This game just DIDN'T live up to the Final Fantasy "standards" and that's that...

You fan-boys are just trying to defend it and save what little grace it had... Believe me... I think that FFVIII COULD, not is, but COULD have been soooo great if they had just handled it's execution better other than "Here's a bunch of shiny FMVs" and just throw everything in your lap/face... Actually that's how it went for me... They threw a buncha bull in my face and I dropped the controller in my lap...

Seriously... I honestly believe that so-called "New Generation" Final Fantasy Players only defend this game because just like "Final Fantasy the Spirits Within" it didn't even seem to be anything related to a Final Fantasy Game. It was just a showcase of great CG graphics that really deserved to be nothing more than an extremely long Screensaver. It's one thing to be "innovative" and "new" and "creative" but you take away what your fan-base that brought you there away, it alienates them and we all lose in the long run... Look at FFVIII,FFIX, and FFX-2...

If it ain't broke don't try to break it then fix it... I'm currently playing FFXII with a friend and the only thing that I'm getting used to is the new-aged what I call "Lazy-Jetson's Generations" Gambit System. I mean, my god... did that Info-mercial get into every kid's head... Y'know the one I'm talkin' 'bout kids...

"JUST SET IT AND FORGET IT!" Yeah, but this ain't the forum for me to gripe about FFXII..

Bottom line, face it. I can admit to the horrible translations in Final Fantasy Tactics, I can even laugh at "Spoony Bard" of FFIV, hell there are blatant quirks in "Save Shadow/Relm" quests of FFVI... and I love the HELL outta these games/stories... But you FFVIII fanboys/girls have gotta accept and admit FFVIII's weaknesses and it's flaws before you go trying to defend it with it's strengths...

When I see you do that... It's almost as bad as a Rinoa is Ultimecia Theory debate... LOL

Well, that's all I gotta say... And hey, I'm only speaking my mind... about the game... Among other things... See ya around Smacky...

theirs no way you can say FFIX is better then 8 its a game for 8 year olds the story and everything is predictable and the love story is the stupidest in the series. 8 is a great game and apart from 7 it probably has the most fans.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan View Post
    theirs no way you can say FFIX is better then 8 its a game for 8 year olds the story and everything is predictable and the love story is the stupidest in the series. 8 is a great game and apart from 7 it probably has the most fans.
    You have just won the "Most offesnive post ever". Ok, you don't like FFIX and I do. Fair enough that's not the problem, Each to an own and all that.

But ageist coments and dumbing down of children is not on!

ha ha i liked that game too but i just cant take it seriously its a fun game but compared to 7 and 8 it seems like the first Final Fantasy you should play its by far the easiest too.

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan
    i think you should both play the game from the beginning because you really dont get the games story.
    I don't need to. The games story is simple. Some freaky loner suddenly falls in love in a couple of days and then some wacko sorceresss appears from the future and says some crap about time compression that nobody really understands. Heck I doubt if Square actually know what time compression is.
    if you havent played it or do not want to play it then you have no right to criticize it

you are really arrogant and ignorant.if ignorance is bliss then you the happiest person i've ever met.play the game and beat it, then you can bitch about it.

Quote Originally Posted by snakebyte91 View Post
    i think you should both play the game from the beginning because you really dont get the games story.
    I don't need to. The games story is simple. Some freaky loner suddenly falls in love in a couple of days and then some wacko sorceresss appears from the future and says some crap about time compression that nobody really understands. Heck I doubt if Square actually know what time compression is.
    if you havent played it or do not want to play it then you have no right to criticize it

you are really arrogant and ignorant.if ignorance is bliss then you the happiest person i've ever met.play the game and beat it, then you can bitch about it.
    I already have played and beat this game. So um yes I do have the right to criticize it if I want too. Also don't call me ignorant. The arrogant part well maybe a little but still I've played the game not my favourite FF ever, thought the love story was forced. That's my opinion which I believe I'm entitled to.

I already have played and beat this game. So um yes I do have the right to criticize it if I want too. Also don't call me ignorant. The arrogant part well maybe a little but still I've played the game not my favourite FF ever, thought the love story was forced. That's my opinion which I believe I'm entitled to.
    well if you've played the game and beaten it then yeh that gives you the right to criticize it, but where do you think the story is forced? ive played it a couple times and well it never seems forced, but some freaky loner? as im sure people have said before hes had emotional trauma from when he was at the orphanage and his 'sis' leaves him.

well if you've played the game and beaten it then yeh that gives you the right to criticize it, but where do you think the story is forced? ive played it a couple times and well it never seems forced, but some freaky loner? as im sure people have said before hes had emotional trauma from when he was at the orphanage and his 'sis' leaves him.
    The LOVE story is forced. Squall has emotional trauma because some girl went and left him? when he was like a few years old? My best friend when I was 8 had to move country because of her parents but I'm traumatised by it.

Quote Originally Posted by The [B
    LOVE[/B] story is forced. Squall has emotional trauma because some girl went and left him? when he was like a few years old? My best friend when I was 8 had to move country because of her parents but I'm traumatised by it.
    evryone reacts to trauma in a different way, after all zell and the rest of them turned out fine. and it wasnt some girl it was his 'sister' and i know your best frend left you but how would you like it if your family left you for a reason that you cant understand?

but you still havent given specific places where the love scene is forced, ah forget it i really cant be bothered
    Last edited by snakebyte91; 01-27-2007 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The [B
    LOVE[/B] story is forced. Squall has emotional trauma because some girl went and left him? when he was like a few years old? My best friend when I was 8 had to move country because of her parents but I'm traumatised by it.
    evryone reacts to trauma in a different way, after all zell and the rest of them turned out fine. and it wasnt some girl it was his 'sister' and i know your best frend left you but how would you like it if your family left you for a reason that you cant understand?

but you still havent given specific places where the love scene is forced, ah forget it i really cant be bothered
    There aren't any specifics about where it is forced it just is. But his 'sis' isn't even his real sister. Besides, Squall probably wasn't even 5 when she left yet for like 12 years he feels betrayed by her? Get over it!

nothing i can say can change your mind can it?

whats your favorite ff?

I don't have a favourite FF. I have ones that I like more than others and no you probably can't change my mind.

probably or cant .

i never used to like this FF because i was younger when i played it and it bored the hell out of me.so when did you last play it? you never know you might like it this time round

Probably can't.

I last played FFVIII 4 days ago. And it's not the fact I don't like it.