Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: This game definitly recieves too much hate

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fair enough then. I guess you have to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER
    Fair enough then. I guess you have to be there.
    What do you mean by that?

Quote Originally Posted by f f freak View Post
    Yes. I did. I still think that the love story is forced and you can't change my views on that. Just like I can't change your views that is isn't forced.
    this is what i said a few posts ago

I don’t agree! squall has probably had the biggest character development than any other character in the Final Fantasy series. He starts out as a lone wolf who hides his feelings inside because he was let down in his childhood that’s why he’s anti social, he doesn’t want to get to know anyone too well because he thinks they will let him down. But he has his goal to be the best at what he does, that’s being a SeeD! He gets to know the other characters not very well because of the reason i have just said but once Rinoa is out cold he realises how much he likes her and even before that their are glimpses of their relationship like the dance and the way the clash strongly on certain points. He then falls in love with her and comes out of his shell thinking of her instead of is duty as a SeeD. Now can anyone give me a better character development then that?

i dont think the love story was forced Squall always liked her he just didnt like to show it.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan View Post
    Yes. I did. I still think that the love story is forced and you can't change my views on that. Just like I can't change your views that is isn't forced.

I don’t agree! squall has probably had the biggest character development than any other character in the Final Fantasy series. He starts out as a lone wolf who hides his feelings inside because he was let down in his childhood that’s why he’s anti social, he doesn’t want to get to know anyone too well because he thinks they will let him down. But he has his goal to be the best at what he does, that’s being a SeeD! He gets to know the other characters not very well because of the reason i have just said but once Rinoa is out cold he realises how much he likes her and even before that their are glimpses of their relationship like the dance and the way the clash strongly on certain points. He then falls in love with her and comes out of his shell thinking of her instead of is duty as a SeeD. Now can anyone give me a better character development then that?

i dont think the love story was forced Squall always liked her he just didnt like to show it.
    You actually read what I said to MJN SEIFER didn't you? About me not changing my views?

Blog Entries

FF freak, I understand your points on keeping your views - as I am the same with mine.

In answer to you're previous question, I mean having have had similar expereirnces.

The game is technically like 3 days long and they fell in love.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Setharion View Post
    I have to say im not big on level scaling...thats my biggest gripe, but aside from that this game is solid final fantasy.

The junction system is really cool once you figure it all out and the draw system is pretty cool for a novelty idea, but i wouldnt want too see that really all that much again...but it works for this game and works quite well.

Music is superb in all aspects, classic FF music in my eyes.

The story i think is good, alot better than XII but of course not the best in the series by any means, i just think its interesting...i like love stories too btw

I dunno...i just think alot of people hate on this game way too much, i can understand hating the junction system but its really not that much of a travesty, its pretty good when you figure it all out.

Only other major downfall is having to watch summons over and over...course im not a summoner kind of guy unless i need it, so that doesnt effect me too much.

All in all, i think VIII is solid...its ashame it gets thrashed so much.
    Yeah! Yeah! =o

A true ffix lover Ashley Schovitz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corncracker View Post
    People hate FF vIII because of a forced plot and horrible characters. For example, Irvine knew exactly who edea was from the start. However, after squall gives him a bit of confidence, he has no quams whatsoever about putting a bullet through his surrogate mothers skull.

Also, the drawing system is annoying as hell.
    Plus, Squall sucks. He was singly the worst aspect.,
    That's not true Irvine din't know who Edea was from the start he hasn't seen her for at least 10 years and her appearance changed dramatically and also she was posessed by Ultimecia at the time so she acted differently as well. Irvine recognized the others excluding Rinoa because of their faces and most of their personalities stayed the same for the most part.You can't elaborate on your opinion on why Squall sucks and why he was the worst aspect!? Frivolty is all that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Schovitz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by corncracker View Post
    People hate FF vIII because of a forced plot and horrible characters. For example, Irvine knew exactly who edea was from the start. However, after squall gives him a bit of confidence, he has no quams whatsoever about putting a bullet through his surrogate mothers skull.

Also, the drawing system is annoying as hell.
    Plus, Squall sucks. He was singly the worst aspect.,
    That's not true Irvine din't know who Edea was from the start he hasn't seen her for at least 10 years and her appearance changed dramatically and also she was posessed by Ultimecia at the time so she acted differently as well. Irvine recognized the others excluding Rinoa because of their faces and most of their personalities stayed the same for the most part.You can't elaborate on your opinion on why Squall sucks and why he was the worst aspect!? Frivolty is all that is.
    I don't recall the game ever mentioning anything like that about Edea, or mentioning Irvine didn't recognize her, though It's been a while since I've played, so I can conceed on that point.

Squall however, is a sucky character. He is a complete loner, rude, acts extremely uncaring. You continuosly here him whining in his own mind, which grated on my nerves. He suddenly turned a 180 for Rinoa. He's paranoid to an extreme of others thoughts. Please, tell me what point I'm wrong on.

Quote Originally Posted by boys from the dwarf View Post
    no FF or FF character sucks and deserves hate. but people just like to complain about things and overexaggurate them and justify them with hate that the game doesn't deserve.
    ...Seifer does...

I like this game, but I don't love it. It was my 2nd FF that I beat. I thought the music was okay, junctioning was okay, but the story was kinda iffy. 7/10.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan View Post

You actually read what I said to MJN SEIFER didn't you? About me not changing my views?
    Quote Originally Posted by MJN SEIFER View Post
    FF freak, I understand your points on keeping your views - as I am the same with mine.

In answer to you're previous question, I mean having have had similar expereirnces.

i think you should both play the game from the beginning because you really dont get the games story.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfffan
    i think you should both play the game from the beginning because you really dont get the games story.
    I don't need to. The games story is simple. Some freaky loner suddenly falls in love in a couple of days and then some wacko sorceresss appears from the future and says some crap about time compression that nobody really understands. Heck I doubt if Square actually know what time compression is.

Greiver and Griever. Who is Greiver.

Story is obvious but yet hard to understand I see. Rinoa talk excatly what gonna happen too but changes her future with fighting against other self from future.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

You know what? It probably does
    ...Geddit?