Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I like interesting facts ^_^

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

An interesting fact is that a lot of "interesting facts" are a load of bull droppings. It's funny how stuff spread around so fast really. The ones that are tricky to disprove are definitely the worst, like the one with an average person swallows 8 spiders a day.

I loathe "interesting facts" mainly because as previously stated, the majority of them are bull-honky. Half of the true stuff that's left isn't interesting at all. :D

Alaska is bigger than Mexico. That's all I have.

Quote Originally Posted by Animegirl1000 View Post
    Happy now :{

Some guys at school like climbing into trees during a storm and whoever chickens out first loses -_-
    you think thats bad im in florida and my friends tryed flying with garbage bags in the middle of a hurricane(sorry if i spelled that wrong)

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    An interesting fact is that a lot of "interesting facts" are a load of bull droppings. It's funny how stuff spread around so fast really. The ones that are tricky to disprove are definitely the worst, like the one with an average person swallows 8 spiders a day.
    My old math teacher said "bull droppings" a lot.

He also compared our class to geese and other farm animals.

i think i heard this on mind of mencia but dont some peopole drink their own urine for health purposes....i dont know if this is my definition of a fun fact but DAA DUM! ok

There are NOT nine planets in the solar system (its either 8 or 12 depending on definitions).

Mount Fuji means Mountain mountain

When you get married you dont walk down the aisle

Yeah i heard drinking urine is meant to be good for you as well

hmm another interesting fact...wherever i go on this site it just seems that people shy away from me...

Quote Originally Posted by blim View Post
    There are NOT nine planets in the solar system (its either 8 or 12 depending on definitions).
    It's officially 8 planets according to the IAU (International Astonomers Union).

Quote Originally Posted by Xaven View Post
    It's officially 8 planets according to the IAU (International Astonomers Union).
    So i gather, the 12 was because if you want to include pluto you should include 3 others (i think)

Quote Originally Posted by Xaven View Post
    So i gather, the 12 was because if you want to include pluto you should include 3 others (i think)
    Yes. Charon, Ceres, and Eris were almost made official planets, but it never happened. Instead, Pluto was demoted to dwarf-planet.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, depending on your definitions, there are eight, ten, twenty-one, eighty thousand, or several million planets in the solar system. Ceres was considered a planet (The tenth one) until the 1850s. 2003 UB313 is actually larger than Pluto is, too.

America was named after a Welsh (ew) businessman named Richard Ameryk, not after Amerigo Vespucci (Were it the latter, it would be called something like Vespuccia, because places get named after the discoverer's surname).

Cockroaches aren't actually that great at living through a nuclear war. Whilst doing better than Humans, they're one of the least rad-resistent insects around. A fruit fly dies at around 64,000 rads, whilst a cockroach at only 20,000 (Humans are about 1,000).

Oh, and lemmings don't commit mass suicide. They merely panic.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Actually, depending on your definitions, there are eight, twelve, eighty thousand, or several million planets in the solar system.

America was named after a Welsh (ew) businessman named Richard Ameryk, not after Amerigo Vespucci (Were it the latter, it would be called something like Vespuccia, because places get named after the discoverer's surname).

Cockroaches aren't actually that great at living through a nuclear war. Whilst doing better than Humans, they're one of the least rad-resistent insects around. A fruit fly dies at around 64,000 rads, whilst a cockroach at only 20,000 (Humans are about 1,000).

Oh, and lemmings don't commit mass suicide. They merely panic.
    Another QI fan?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Levian View Post
    Except you got that one wrong. It's supposed to be 8 spiders per lifetime.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Every person can name 5 random people in the world, and chances are, at least one would be linked to that person in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by RedXIII13 View Post
    Every person can name 5 random people in the world, and chances are, at least one would be linked to that person in some way.
    Through the person that named them?