Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 24 Season Premier

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

OKAY! I am not impressed this season at all and I of all people might stop watching.

Dad is too much of a pussy to kill Ahmed but kills some other guy who has not really done much. He is such a pussy he doesn't run to try and stop the bomb when it really doesn't matter at this point. What a retard.

There are 5 more bombs and yet the only guy who can assemble them is appearantly dead. I also thought they said there was only one left. Did more just magically appear?

Killing Curtis...what the smurf was the point. Jack worked with Nina...begrudgingly but still worked with her none the less.

This was not awesome or exciting...just stupid. I really wish they would have just done something small and simple like season one. More huge nukes is just dumb and has been done twice already. In Season 2 it went of and in season 4 they stopped it at the last second.

I am giving it two more episodes to not be so damn retarded. I also hate the office now. There are zero likeable characters there now. I don't like Chloe and everyone else is going to become boring and stupid. Buccanon is fine but how will they get rid of him this season. They have done others hire-ups taking control of CTU way too much in the past.

Thumbs down...so down that I will not use my 24 avatar this year.

BOOOO!

Killing Curtis....very bad move. I'm sad and angry for this.

I was hoping before season 5 they wouldn't kill Curtis on it, and I was glad they didn't. I was hoping the same now. While Curtis might've not appealed to many people, I always liked him a lot as he got certain charisma. I liked him even more than I liked Tony. It was sad to see Curtis die and I really hope it was just actor's decision to proceed on his career and that director just didn't decide to kill him off. He was one of my favourite characters in 24 history and his replacement better be good.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

If they didn't want Curtis there or he wanted to leave then they could have just said he moved to a different CTU location and we would never see him again(Chase).

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I just hope that one former terrorist dude working with Jack doesn't turn out to be the guy all along and betray everyone because that would seriously cheapen Curtis' death. Oh and apparently even though after killing Curtis' Jack no longer wants to be part of CTU, for next week's preview they show Jack wanting to be part of the hunt for the other bombs. Make up your mind, man!

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by nik0tine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel View Post
    What the bloody smurf?
    Curtis' neck, you mean?
    WTFAKU, seriously, Keef. Killing Curtis. He's the best character on that show.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    There are 5 more bombs and yet the only guy who can assemble them is appearantly dead. I also thought they said there was only one left. Did more just magically appear?
    I think that there are only four. It's possible that they could've found a way to replicate their own suitcase bombs, and that the one that was repaired was either a test, or is actually the only remaining Russian model left. The others could've been manufactured. Or, the Russians didn't do quite the cleanup job that they thought that they did, or the Russians are somehow involved with the terriorists (gee whiz!) in a plot that somehow involves half of the administration. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    I just hope that one former terrorist dude working with Jack doesn't turn out to be the guy all along and betray everyone because that would seriously cheapen Curtis' death. Oh and apparently even though after killing Curtis' Jack no longer wants to be part of CTU, for next week's preview they show Jack wanting to be part of the hunt for the other bombs. Make up your mind, man!
    They probably convinced him to come back, although, I would probably have doubts if the first person I had to kill after being tortured for twenty months was, for all intents and purposes, my best friend. Then again, this is 24. I don't think Assad will backstab, but he'll probably be somehow involved. As always.

Articles

I miss Edgar.

Returning to death of Curtis...I still think it wasn't necessary at all. I mean, I think they have made it VERY clear in the past that Jack is willing to kill ANYONE when it's the matter of national security. He did kill Chapelle, he did "kill" Paul ( Audrey's husband), he was ready to kill even Tony ( I read that it was originally planned so that Jack shoots Tony).

And now they had to make him kill Curtis...another one of his friend. I think enough is enough and it was far from necessary to make him do it. I think we all got the point a long time ago. Also I didn't like how they made Curtis - who usually was very much on-book and calm professional- to look like a tantruming child on his final two hours, who still wanted to revenge something that happened over 15 years ago in war. Oh well, that's 24 I'll miss Curtis and I don't think any less of the series cause of this. But it sure made the 4th hour more dark especially nuke exploding right after Curtis died, which is pretty good.

Oh, and you can BET that Assad is involved in some bigger plot than this. I got a strong feeling on this. I wonder if it gets so silly, that all these bombings and nukes were just to get Assad "inside" to do something devastating. 4 nukes left and I can't wait for the next episode.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

WTF since when was the head honcho bad guy from last year Jack's brother?

Seriously, WTF!?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Haha here comes the family Bauer. At least it's different.

ed, the dad was chained to the wall so that's why he couldn't stop the bomb.

The Curtis death wasn't necessary but Curtis wasn't really that important to begin with. It was really out of character how he acted in the last two hours though. Also, this wasn't as bad as Chappelle. That whole thing was weak as hell.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Haha here comes the family Bauer. At least it's different.

ed, the dad was chained to the wall so that's why he couldn't stop the bomb.

The Curtis death wasn't necessary but Curtis wasn't really that important to begin with. It was really out of character how he acted in the last two hours though. Also, this wasn't as bad as Chappelle. That whole thing was weak as hell.
    Thats for clearing up why that pussy was not the Ultimate Pussy.

Family Bauer. DAMN IT! Yet ANOTHER thing from Jacks Past. I don't give a and I don't think this is original or interesting at all. Seaons 1,3 and 5 have all featured stuff from Jack's Past. Why did they have to make that guy Jack's brother. It just seems so lame.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    Why did they have to make that guy Jack's brother. It just seems so lame.
    Oddly enough, this may be the only thing that keeps me watching now. At least it's something I didn't see coming which is more than I can say for every episode they aired last year.

http://thebauer.blogspot.com

This guy writes the best reviews of all the episodes. He totally rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    Oddly enough, this may be the only thing that keeps me watching now.
    That was the last straw for me.

Jack's secret arch-nemesis, the evil mastermind of a conspiracy to get Jack killed and start an international conflict that, when exposed, threatened to destroy the very foundations of American government....is Jack's brother? That's one of the dumbest twists in the history of television. It's like from some fanboy's wet dream. What's next? The revelation that Jack is actually a reject of a genetic experiment by the Arnihs Corporation, for the purposes of duplicating Rambo, who went rogue when he found out that he is actually a descendant, and sole inheritor of the legacy, of the long lost civilization of Atlantis, and is now threatening to destroy humanity via nuclear war? That's no longer a huge step for this show.

While I agree about how lame idea it was to make "that dude" Jack's brother, there's a part in me that finds it pretty interesting too. I just want to hear more and hopefully find out about their history and reasonings. Gotta look at the bright side. Agreed that it's also pretty lame how every season attacks seem to be linked to Jack somehow, always.

It's still great TV show eventhough they are going over the top now if ever.

I gotta say I loved Bauer brother's physical re-union though: Jack knocks his brother down, ties him into chair and starts torturing him. "You're hurting me!" Jack: "Trust me, I'm not." Am I weird, if I find those parts of 24 the best where Jack is torturing someone?
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wonder if baldness runs in the family. Jack's starting to thin out.