Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 24 Season Premier

Default 24 Season Premier

So, what did you all think? I thought it was sub par but still entertaining.

I must say though, Jack 'ejecting' the suicide bomber on the subway with his foot was incredibly retarted. I lol'ed when I saw it.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

When he did the subway thing I could only think of Die Hard with a Vengeance.

I didn't think that was quite as bizarre as an air strike on a house in the middle of a residential area with the high possibility of collateral damage.

I also wonder if Kumar is going to have a craving for white castle

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, I didn't really understand the air strike. That seems highly improbable even for 24.

And of course we once again have some dude in the administration who's pulling the President's arm for his own motives. Overall it was a pretty good season premier.

Jack cleaned up two years of facial hair in less than five minutes.

I will be more surprised that Jack is able to walk after 15 hours given the conditions he has been in for the last 2 years.

You just know that the personel files that Sista Palmer deleted will come back to bite someone in the ass.

I hate it how we get this late in Finlönd. Season 5 just started here. I'll import every season before they even begin in here though, so it's not a problem. I hate waiting one whole week for one single episode for awesome TV serie that 24 is, so it works for me.

I just watched season 5 dvd-box in two days and am downloading first 4 episodes of season 6 ( I'll buy the DVD-box when it comes anyway). The way season 5 ended, I'm really excited to start season 6 and I wish my torrent would download faster. I accidently read from somewhere that Wayne Palmer is the president now. Logan rocked in his own way, he was a great character as his actor did great job on making him very two faced liar, yet very human person. I never liked Wayne Palmer for some reason - he's just not the president type for me. I wish they would've kept that vice President from season 5 - Laura Palmer's daddy from Twin Peaks - as presdient in Season 6. I was kinda expecting him to be that after season 5, but oh well.

So I don't have anything to contribute in this topic yet. Just came here to say that 24 is the best thing on TV. Ever. Bye.

Edit: yeah forget about realism in 24, Ed. Remember in season 2 when Jack's heart stopped, and when they got his heart beat again he just kept running anfd going as if nothing had happened. But he's Jack Bauer, a super-human and he can do anything. <3
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Captain Basch = Jack Bauer. Ahmed is an evil little bastard. And so is that FBI guy. Some more political intrigue, please. Not only that, there's another two hours at eight PM to ten PM.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I found it dissapointing myself. I like the fact that 20 months in a Chinese prison has obviously left Jack somewhat broken, but I was hoping for more. Instead we get more of the same. This feels like the last couple of seasons all over again to be honest. Hopefully they manage to break out of their little formula a little more, and the sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikztsu View Post
    Edit: yeah forget about realism in 24, Ed. Remember in season 2 when Jack's heart stopped, and when they got his heart beat again he just kept running anfd going as if nothing had happened. But he's Jack Bauer, a super-human and he can do anything. <3
    I know to forget realism in 24...but not for everything. Traffic is non-existent. FINE! Everyone has no trouble staying up for a full 24 hours...FINE! The government launching air strikes on suburban areas in America...too far even for 24. Jack kicking terrorist #5 out of the subway train. FINE!

Season 2 was the worst. After the bomb went off it was nothing but a train wreak until the ending which left way more questions than it answered. They never even captured the people behind it all in Season 2. Insane audio program. Jack dies. The misadventures of Kim Bauer continues. Palmer is booted as President by his staff for not launching all out war just a few hours after the bomb went off.

Why some people praise Season 2 as the best is beyond me.

Seasons 1 and 2 were partially ruined by silly sidestorylines of Kim Bauer's idiotic adventures. Not gonna go in details why it was so retarded, but It annoyed me how they used good episode time by filling it with that irrelevant crap which mainly was just an annoyance because of Kim's stupidity and ability to get in trouble. Glad they kinda got rid of that garbage. Also, speaking of Kim and ridding stuff - glad they got rid of Chase too. IMO they tried to make him too much like Jack Bauer v2 in more handsome looks. He and Kim made a perfect couple as both were extremely annoying,

As for my favourite seasons...it's pretty hard to rate them. Ever one of them has their ups and good moments, so I rather not to put them in order. I try to see them as one whole.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Isn't she [Kim] coming back? I thought I saw a preview/commercial with her in it.

Oh god I pray you don't let this happen. ; ;

On a more serious note, she wasn't bad on season 5 on very, very minor role when she was just seeing Jack. Just don't put her running alone somewhere, I just might bear with it.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

At least she's good on the eyes.

I don't think she's even pretty.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff