View Poll Results: Hi.

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Omnivorism for me.

70 87.50%
  • Veggies, I hate killing those poor animals.

5 6.25%
  • wut?

5 6.25%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you eat?!

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Default What do you eat?!

Hi guys and gals.
    Today I shall present two questions.

Are you a vegetarian, or are you an omnivore?
    (I guess I could add carnivore too, but I doubt any of us never eats anything but meat.)

Also, do you think it's silly to only eat vegetables? What about those of you that are vegetarians, why are you vegetarians?

I'm quite fond of meat and dairy products myself. I think think it's good to eat meat and dairy products along with vegetablestuff. Consuming only veggies would be a bit too boring to me, and I'd lose out on some of the stuff that meat has, but vegetables don't have. Also, meat tastes really good.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Hi guys and gals.
    Hi!

Are you a vegetarian, or are you an omnivore?
    Omnivore!

Also, do you think it's silly to only eat vegetables?
    No but vegetables don't like me and I don't like them I just like to eat vegetables in soup and without noticing they're there! I h ate to be eating and chewing those horrible hard vegetables!

I was a vegetarian for about 7 years until last year. I stopped eating meat thinking it would help me lose weight (I was in high school then), but then last year I was convinced by a personal trainer friend to change my diet to be high-protein and low-carb, and I can say first hand it's basically impossible to go low-carb on a vegetarian diet unless you subsist on nothing but cottage cheese...

Curiously, a lot of my stomach/digestion problems went away when I cut out a lot of the breads and pastas.

I don't eat beef, though, that's one thing I haven't started eating since I introduced meat back into my diet. I never liked hamburgers

I considered veganism until I realized that it's pretty much impossible to get the proper balanced diet, especially when in North America we purchase the majority of our food from grocery stores, where everything is manufactured by third parties. There's so many 'random' animal products in things...

Also, I drink a lot of coffee and tea and water...pop and juice are expensive but coffee makes the world go 'round~~
    Signature = lame excuse to use the heart emoticons

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Where is that dude that only live on water?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I’m an omnivore. I eat everything that I can, and then some stuff that I shouldn’t.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Oh yeah, I suppose I should specify that under vegetables, I count all sorts of plants, not just the green and icky-
    tasting stuff.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm a vegetarian. To be honest, though I do care greatly about animals and I wish animals were treated more humanely before they're killed for meat, and were killed in a quick and painless manner, the major two reasons I became a vegetarian are foremost, to see if I could it, and secondly, to lose some weight.

I've only gained weight, really, and I do rather miss some meat, so I don't know how long I will stay a vegetarian. I've done it for over half a year now. I am proud that I was able to pull it off though, it was very hard for me. I miss not having to eat the same foods every day, because since I'm a picky eater, pretty much all I eat is rice, pasta, bagels and salad. Being a vegetarian means always being hungry. :/

So yeah, I'm a vegetarian, but my dedication to it is starting to wane.
    Last edited by Rye; 01-15-2007 at 03:34 PM.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Animals are usually killed as quickly and effectively as possible though. I don't think it takes more than a second or two.
    My parents are farmers, and I know that as long as the weather allows for it, live stock are usually free to walk around outside (well, as free as one can be inside a fence, but it's still a pretty large area), and at my parents farm, they can walk around indoors too (but I know not all farms are like that).

Unlimited Hentai Works Twilight Edge's Avatar

I am as picky as anyone could possibly imagine mon, but I eat a bit of everything mon.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I'm an omnivore. In terms of meats, I prefer poultry and seafood to red meat. Vegetables, I like brocolli and carrots.

I'm an omnivore, and while I can't say I've taken the time to consider whether I can morally justify that or not, I've never thought of cutting meat out of my diet. I've got no problem with vegetarians, and I rather admire them for taking a stand in an issue they care about, but it's not for me, thanks.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I don't understand how people can eat green stuff. Your body can't even use Cellulose, mister Appendix.

For serious, an omnivore. Eating fruits probably counts. As for vegetarians, I silently mock them while sitting in a dark corner hiding behind my shame. Then I go and laugh in their face. But only because I'm jealous of their balanced diet.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Oh, but there's more than cellulose in vegetables :p.

where I come from we didn't have vegetables, so I guess I use to be a carnivore though, we have vegetables today but I still rarely eat at all and when I'm hungry I go for meat.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I am the human garbage can. I'll eat pretty much anything. Well, okay, I can be finicky at times, but nevertheless, I do not exclude any food groups.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!