View Poll Results: Hi.

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Omnivorism for me.

70 87.50%
  • Veggies, I hate killing those poor animals.

5 6.25%
  • wut?

5 6.25%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What do you eat?!

I like meat because I don't like vegetables.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I'm an omnivore.

Meat tastes good. Alternatives to meat taste terribly.

Besides, it's not like it matters if I stop meating eat. The exact same amount of animals would be killed anyway, but this time, some of the meat would go to waste and the animals would have died for nothing.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Got Steak?

Chocobo

I'm a veggie, and have been for a couple of months now. When I started uni I just stopped eating meat but it took me a while to actually notice
    Killing animals just to eat, never really sat well with me, I used to just try not to think about it, it's very hard to control your diet when you can't control the food that's being bought.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I was once a vegetarian for around a year, and then later added fish and dairy products for another ten or so months before once again returning to a diet including meat. This was approximately three years ago.

For those of you who wonder, yes, I did lose weight; however, in terms of my body, this was a terrible thing. Although not underweight, I sit in the lowest BMI of my range. Dropping ten or so pounds was a grand thing, and it also effected my running. I went from a 5:13 mile to 5:34. My skin colour also changed colour, to a more paler version of what it had once been. However, what needs to be said is that I was not the ideal vegetarian, and I am now aware that I was missing quite a few nutrients in my diet - hence, my skin colour and the like.

A true vegetarian diet ought to have a person looking just as healthy, if not more so, than any omnivore. But in both cases of diet, it depends on how balanced a person makes it.

My reasoning behind becoming vegetarian was that I no longer wished to consume the dirt that an animal is. Animals, in my personal view, are disgusting. As such, I didn't intend to place the gross thing that are livestock in my body.

I honestly do not care if animals die a painless death, or a long, drawn out one. In the natural habitat, most animals die brutally, with their throats or bellies ripped open by teeth. In the slaughterhouse, chainsaws have been used, along with a sort of bolt mechanism, and I am certain there a myriad of other methods of killing the animals. At any rate, I don't care whether it's painless or not - it's going to die.

And animals are not humans. Livestock have been bred to be even less than animals.

However, I hate meat, because I still loathe the thought of consuming the dirty animals. So my diet is still largely vegetarian, supplemented by mass quantities of dairy, citrus fruits and various berries, and I eat fish and eggs more often than I eat meat.

Pork is an abomination and I refuse to eat it - period.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Omnivorism for me.

I eat pretty much anything edible.

Right now I'm on a diet of Yogurt, Soup, and Vitamins.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

<i>Are you a vegetarian, or are you an omnivore?</i>

Definitely a vegetarian. I have been for about 14 years and before that I ate very little meat anyways. I do eat eggs, cheese and milk.

<i>Also, do you think it's silly to only eat vegetables?</i>

No, I don't think it's silly. It's a choice that someone makes for whatever reason.

<i>What about those of you that are vegetarians, why are you vegetarians?</i>

If all I ate was meat that was raised and killed humanely on a farm I might still be eating some meat; however, I was not and most meat meant for the regular population is killed in a very cruel inhumane way and I will not be a part of it.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

I switched to vegetarianism in summer of 05. Part of the reason was the animal thing, but also I was just convinced that it's just healthier. I do eat tuna, eggs and dairy on occasion.
    MYSTIC QUEST!!!!!1 ... ok, nevermind..

View my lame comics! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkJf1YLHpgs

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

And thus, the omnivores rose in strength.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

At one period in my life, I thought "Why are humans given an emotion of horror, disgust and fear when faced with the prospect of killing animals and eating? Why do we feel animals are cute and stuff? And yet we;re supposed to eat them?"
    I thought that if someone could live without meat, they should... So I decided to try and become a vegetarian. But it lasted a week, I totally lacked the willpower.

But I still believe that we've passed the age of meat eating.
    jkhkjg

MEAT.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I eat meat. I eat veggies.

Yummy yummy in my tummy!