Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: End Game Party. (Spoilers)

(I hope my post isn't too late, ah well.)
    I'll list the party I used three times to beat the game.

(It's Refia, Luneth, Arc then Ingus)

First run:
    Knight
    Black Belt
    Devout (Big mistake.)
    Bard

XD Bard is probably the best class, which is why I refused to use one ever again. Devouts are so overrated. Their stats are inferior to the White Mage in many ways, and weaker spells casted by a job 99 White Mage are just as good as stronger spells casted by a job 99 Devout. Sure I have no Full Life, but no one needs it.

Second run:
    Red Mage
    Scholar
    Viking
    White Mage

Scholar is a very good support class, but they never see a good defensive score even from the back row. But it's nice practically being immune to magic, and the Viking remedies the physical problem... but they have horrible Magic Def so my Viking died a lot. =(

Third Run:
    White Mage
    Geomancer
    Geomancer
    Dragoon

This was the funnest and most effective party yet. No worries about physical or magic damage since I have a Hasted Dragoon with Gungir and Blood Lance in the air for boss battles. The only bad part of the game was that sunken temple since Whirlpool kept going off on the Geomancers. As late as the Eureka, boss battles would end after my Dragoon lands. Just in case I slip up with jumping, I wear Reflect Mail instead of Crystal Armor for boss battles so I don't get one-shotted by magic. (Superior Magic Def.)

I used Ninja, Dragoon, Dark Knight, and Devout for CoD. Don't make the Dragoon jump!! This is just going to make the ground people take more damage from particle beam and lightning since it's distributed to only 3 people.

Off-topic: Can someone tell me how does Gungnir looks like? A picture would be nice. However, In the credits, the Dragoon seems to be holding a lance that I have never seen before. Could that weapon be it?

By the end I had:

Luneth - Warrior
    Arc - Devout
    Refia - Thief
    Ingus - Dragoon

All at 55.

I don't know what got in to me, but towards the beginning of the game I had two knives of some sort on Refia and decided that her first job would be a Thief so she could dual knife some punks with style. I never got the heart to change her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusionedd View Post
    I used Ninja, Dragoon, Dark Knight, and Devout for CoD. Don't make the Dragoon jump!! This is just going to make the ground people take more damage from particle beam and lightning since it's distributed to only 3 people.
    You should have two Protect Rings by the end of the game, which should be given to your physical fighters. (So Lightning and Particle Beam deals very little damage.) With the Blood Lance in mind, I rather have my Dragoon in the air to avoid magic damage.

i never really tried them, but im under the impression that Summoning classes in III = the suck. is that an accurate assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    How the devil are you guys winning with these setups? After getting owned at level 55 (knight, devout, ninja, summoner) I've come to the conclusion that the only way to get anywhere is to have two devouts, one casting curaja at the end of every round and the other defrogging everyone...and even then you have to hope DS doesn't use Particle Beam 3x in one round like she just did to me.
    Ribbons are your friend.

I beat the final boss pretty easily with Knight, Dark Knight, Sage, Devout, all at 56. Most people would probably have an easier time though if they replaced the Dark Knight with a Ninja and just spammed Shurikens.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

My party is Dark Knight, Knight, Summoner, Sage.

I would have replaced the dark knight with a ninja, but their best weapon combination for me is Masamune and Kiku-ichimonji, whereas the dark knight can equip the masamune and the ragnarok, while the knight equips ultima weapon and excalibur. Does the ninja really reduce the difficulty that much?

I guess I'm surprised people have had good luck with some of these parties at these levels...
    I went in with:
    Luneth ~Lv 61 Knight (job level ~35)
    Ragnarok
    Aegis Shield
    Crystal Helm
    Crystal Mail
    Crystal Gloves

Refia ~Lv 61 Devout (job level ~25)
    Elder Staff
    Rune Staff
    Ribbon
    White Robe
    Protect Ring

Arc ~Lv 61 Ninja (job level ~25)
    Masamune
    Gengi Shield
    Gengi Helm
    Fuma Garb
    Gengi Gloves

Ingus ~Lv 60 Summoner (job level ~20)
    Omnirod
    Rune Staff
    Feathered Hat
    Black Robe
    Protect Ring

I did forget to throw my shuriken's (total 6), but I got wiped out in one round with a Particle Beam. I think I actually may have had a ribbon on everybody but Luneth instead of what it says there, the stats I gave are where I am now that I died that time and have leveled up a bit (and haven't picked up the ribbons yet, obviously). I guess I could go try again, maybe I just had bad luck with when things were timed...but at this point, I'd almost rather do the side quests and unlock the OK so I can take him into it...

/tk

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    How the devil are you guys winning with these setups? After getting owned at level 55 (knight, devout, ninja, summoner) I've come to the conclusion that the only way to get anywhere is to have two devouts, one casting curaja at the end of every round and the other defrogging everyone...and even then you have to hope DS doesn't use Particle Beam 3x in one round like she just did to me.
    Did you free the four Dark Warriors before taking on the Cloud of Darkness?
    I prefer the term "Treasure Hunter".

Blog Entries

Mine will go like this:

Onion Knight - Optimum Equipment