Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End Game Party. (Spoilers)

Default End Game Party. (Spoilers)

What Is The Best End-Game Party? I think mine will be....

Ingus-Knight
    Weapon-Ragnarok
    Shield-Crystal
    Helm-Crystal
    Armor-Crystal
    Glove-Crystal

Luneth-Dark Knight
    Weapon-Masamune
    Shield-Crystal
    Helm-Crystal
    Armor-Crystal
    Glove-Crystal

Arc-Red Mage/Onion Knight (I Dont Know what class....)
    Weapon-Excalibur
    Shield-Crystal
    Helm-Crystal
    Armor-Crystal
    Glove-Crystal

Refia-Devout
    Weapon-Elder
    Shield-N/A
    Helm-Feathered
    Armor-White
    Glove-Diamond

I'm going with Knight, Ninja, Summoner, Devout

Maybe not summoner, I'm not sure yet, but the other 3 I'm definitely going to use.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

I used

dragoon, magus, sage, ninja
    [leeza]This is over the 50 kb filesize limit. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them.[/leeza]

Onion Knight
    Ultima Weapon
    Onion Shield/Onion Blade
    Onion Helm
    Onion Armor
    Onion Gauntlets

Summoner
    Omnirod
    Wizard Rod
    Ribbon
    White Robe
    Astral Bracers

Devout
    Holy Wand
    Elder Staff
    Ribbon
    White Robe
    Protect Ring

Ninja
    Muramasa
    Masamune
    Genji Helm
    Fuma Garb
    Genji Gloves
    There is a difference in dying for nothing, and dying for something.-Jack Bauer

When all the world is in chaos, and all hell breaks loose, remember, it's all in how you can depict a painting, hear a song, and feel the words of a poem.-Anonymous

[leeza]Filesize limit is 50 kb. Please read the sig restrictions posted above the sig field and PM a Knight/Admin if you do not understand them. You might want to change from .png to .jpg as .pngs usually are larger than jpgs.[/leeza]

I'm not really sure what the best party would be, however right now my party is...(I've beaten the game, btw)

Ingus-Dragoon
    Holy Lance
    Dragon Lance
    Crystal gear

I'll update later. That's all I can remember lol.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My first playthrough, I used a Knight (Refia), a Devout (Arc), a Ninja (Ingus), and a Sage (Luneth). Next time I play the game I want to use a Knight, Devout, Bard, and Black Belt.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

...and what levels do you guys hit before going into Sylx tower? I just got owned by CoD and lost about 3 days worth of gametime because !@#$ S-E didn't bother to put a savepoint anywhere.

I'm guessing that I'm somewhere close to the ending of the game. I basically just got the new job classes and my levels are in the 40's.

I'm using a ninja, devout, summoner, and a dragoon. Thinking about trading the ninja for the knight though.

Ninja can throw Shurikens... you won't get better damage than that on the final boss

THE JACKEL

Well, thats nice to know. (a while ago, I had one of those shurikens and I kept changing jobs to see who could actually weild that 200 attack monster of a weapon >_>). Found out all too late that it can only be thrown >_>.

But can the ninja wear crystal armor? Not being able to weild some of the strongest weapons doesn't count when they can do more damage anyway, but I don't want him (or her rather, refia), dying. A knight can use the crystal gear and is great at defending. (of course, I've actually gone through this game kind of easily by using brute force alone most of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by smilejb View Post
    Well, thats nice to know. (a while ago, I had one of those shurikens and I kept changing jobs to see who could actually weild that 200 attack monster of a weapon >_>). Found out all too late that it can only be thrown >_>.

But can the ninja wear crystal armor? Not being able to weild some of the strongest weapons doesn't count when they can do more damage anyway, but I don't want him (or her rather, refia), dying. A knight can use the crystal gear and is great at defending. (of course, I've actually gone through this game kind of easily by using brute force alone most of the time).
    Well, I'm too busy on my FFIII DS maxing everyone as level 99 Black Belts, so that I can eventually get max HP with all of them. They are all level 39, and every level they gain will be as Black Belts from now on. Then I'll be maxing each of them in certain classes to get the class ultimate weapon. But in the original version the Ninja could, I'm not sure. If you already have the equipment it's easy enough to check. If you don't have a ninja, save, change to a ninja, see what he can equip. Don't like it? Then reload the game.

THE JACKEL

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

How the devil are you guys winning with these setups? After getting owned at level 55 (knight, devout, ninja, summoner) I've come to the conclusion that the only way to get anywhere is to have two devouts, one casting curaja at the end of every round and the other defrogging everyone...and even then you have to hope DS doesn't use Particle Beam 3x in one round like she just did to me.

I just checked, and nope, they can't >_>. I'm at the part where it seems like I have to fight a bunch of bosses for some weapons. They were each kind of a little too easy though.

Citzen bleys, who is the DS? Not that I would be of much use, you're probably farther along then I.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bloody hell. I meant CoD (final boss), but I was thinking of Dark Spark from FFXI...which is absolutely nothing like CoD. Dark Spark's a pushover.

Oh, alright. I'm pretty close to that point :-D. I just helped out 3 heroes of darkness, one more and I should be able to beat the CoD.

Um... How have the battles to save the heroes of darkness? So far, they have been pretty easy for me. I just hit level 50.

My team is a ninja, knight, dragoon, and devout. (got rid of the summoner for the knight).

Granted that the job level of the knight is around only 10 (I used everyone else for the knight mostly, and now everyone else is at a much higher job level in their job). He hits for less considering he has the most powerful weapons. So hopefully, he will level up some.

And I gave up the summoner well because, its just faster to keep attacking then going around choosing summons. And the summoner was hitting for less than everyone else. (if there are 2 or more monsters though, the damage adds up).

Unfortunatly, most of my battles have been 1vs4. Since thats pretty much the only advantage I had (and bahamut, but I'm willing to give that up), I gave the summoner up.

Now what the knight has. Well, some of the strongest weapons does make it worth while. Defending weaker characters so they don't die. But so far, the most useful is the ability to use the defender sword. Sure it only works on one character at a time, but considering that I haven't saved in a while, I'm willing to take my time with bosses.

So my strategy is to use haste with the devout, and defender sword with the knight. If the dragoon gets hit, jump to avoid further hits. And cure whenever I can with the devout. When the knight is done using the defender sword, put him in the front and cast haste. And then curaga for all the rest of the turns. (if need be, even curaja).