Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sword!

Yup, it's the equivalent of a Bane Sword (I believe it casts "scourge" when you use it, though I could be mistaken).

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Masamune looks cool and does a lot of damage even when a White Wizard is using it, so I like that one. Most of Fighter/Knight's swords are also pretty cool. I never sell the Fire and Ice Swords, and both the Defender and Sun swords are great too. Wasn't Defender the green sword? I think that one also looked very good.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

It's a toss-up between the silver and ice swords.

When I get the silver I finally feel my group is strong enough to handle world travel.
    When I first got the ice that was when I thought "Hey, I don't need to blow cash on weapons anymore!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    And then I realized how marvelous this strangely named weapon was, if even the look of it was quite bland indeed.
    Yeah. This is probably the best weapon in the game, really (Wierdly enough, that is "unless" you are a knight), since if you use it to RUSE yourself 2 times (or sometimes even once), you become virtually unhittable except by criticals and magic.

A Thief with a Dragon Sword in one hand and a defender in the sheath can kill Chaos. (Trust me, I did it)

not much of a spoiler, but kinda one nevertheless, if you'rea total newb who is impressed by everythingThe Dragon Sword is the Green One

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

Defender. In all the FFs i remember there being defenders in, they always seem to be the most powerful weapon at the stage of the game as well as giving a nice defence bonus. ultima weapon (DoS) is also a weapon i have have fond memories because it made the battle with shinryu much faster than i'd ever imagined.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Hmm... I'd have to say the Sun Sword and the Vorpal. They have such cool names
    Front-wards, back-wards, anyway you see! Such a strange spell to swish-swish-aree! Tceles Nottub B. Swish-swish-aroo!

I've only beaten FFI, but I'm close to beating FFIII for FAMICOM!

YAY FOR CHOCOBOS!

DON'T FORGET MOOGLES! :mog:

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetoolX597 View Post
    Yup, it's the equivalent of a Bane Sword (I believe it casts "scourge" when you use it, though I could be mistaken).
    I can't quite remember what it cast(ed?), but that's probably it. It improved my red mages stats more than the sun sword. I think I have two of them...

So, yeah. Bane sword's my fave.

ok, why hasnt anybody said the buster sword!?!?

i mean, come on, its attk power isnt very hi but it looks awesome as hell!!!!
    Corneo: Ahh, we're finally alone… All right, pussycat… Come to daddy!! You're so cute, I never get tired of looking at you. Do you…like me, too?

Cloud: Ummm……

Corneo: You don't like me? There…there isn't someone else, is there?

Cloud: Yes, his name's Barret…

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash502 View Post
    ok, why hasnt anybody said the buster sword!?!?
    You do realize that Final Fantasy VII isn't the only Final Fantasy there is, correct?

...I'm trying hard to hold off making fun of your grasp of the English language as well. Guess I failed.

My favourite sword? The silver sword. Granted, it's not the best in the game, but it's a huge upgrade when you get it and you could be using it for some time to come.

The Mythril Sword because I remember playing the puzzle so many time to afford to buy it at Elfheim. I was so proud. The Ice Brand is also cool too.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

Turns out that sword isn't a bane sword. It doesn't even exist in the original ff1. My fave, in this case, shall be the coral sword. Useful for a thief, that one. Plus, I used to think it was made of coral as in red coral (the skeleton of red "life form" coral is sometimes used as a gemstone), so I imagined this red, shiny, gem-ish sword, and the sprite seemed to fit with that. Then the wonderswan version had to come along and crush my dreams.
    Last edited by darksword12; 04-16-2007 at 04:25 AM.

Special thanks to dark_lord for the sig!

I only weilded the Defender until I got through the Air Fortress, and then I got the excaliber, so I can't say if I liked it or not. I will say it was the most powerful at the time, so it had its use.
    I'd say I like the Excaliber, because of the power, the amount of time before I could get to it, and the name. Its just a shame that only Knights can use it.
    And the Cat Claw was pretty sweet. It made the Black Wizard a weak attacker. He could only hit for 200 each time, but its better than 30 something.
    God Loves you.
    Christ Died for you.

Well, the catclaw is a knife not a sword.
    It's cool when you finally get it though.
    I enjoy popping back to the beginning areas of the game with it to see my weak little black mage slaughter an ogre by hand.

The masamune is nice of course, but I just don't get enough use out of the thing to love it.

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

catclaw turns black wizard into a decent fighter which is a big step up because you dont have to suck up MP every turn to do higher than 20 damage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Banned

I kinda liked the Flame Sword, because it looks badass.

- But da Masmune is da strong3r!

That one rocks too.

- Yay.