Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Sword!

Blog Entries

Default Favorite Sword!

I know your favorite sword is the Masmune, first of all because you're all so simple that you like best the sword that brings the highest numbers. Also, I think that it has a good graphic, and looks really good on most characters, so it isn't a bad choice, but I want you to think about all the swords, and other weapons, hammers and whatnot are allowed, sure, that you've used. Which did you have most fun with? Which intrigued you most? etc.

My favorite sword is undeniably the Rune Sword. It's the wierdest sword in the game, next to the Were Sword, with strange abilities, an awesome graphic, and it comes in in the nick of time to make my Thief so much cooler. Because I like it so much, I sometimes use it instead of other weapons from then on until he's a Ninja and pretty much MUST start using the Katana.

My favorite weapon overall is the Hammer, just because there's nothing more badass than the WM swinging it like he/she does.

My second favorite weapon is the SIlver Sword, since I work so hard to get it, hold onto it longer than any other weapon in the game, and I just... become... attatched to it. Especially the first one I buy. If I accidentally sell it, I never buy another, and when the Ice and Flame swords come along, I still use the Silver, and don't sell it until I get the Sun Sword (except if I'm trying to go low level or kill Kary before Class Change, of course)

So... Do any of you have any peculiar opinions on this/like this?

Definitely the silver sword, because the first time I got it, I remember clearly thinking, "Holy crap, I thought the fighter was good, but now he's totally awesome!"

Otherwise I don't really know. See, I typically then beat Lich, then my next step is get the airship, get the class upgrade, then get the Xcalibur. So I don't really get any inbetween weapons...

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

The Defender of course!

Banned

I always thought the Silver Sword lasted for very, very long once you got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    My favorite weapon overall is the Hammer, just because there's nothing more badass than the WM swinging it like he/she does.
    This tends to be everyone's incentive for doing an all White Mage game. I love hammers!

Anyways, my fave sword is the Ice Brand, seeing as for some reason whenever that sword is in an FF game it's always one of the best at that point...

Defender and Ultima Weapon(DoS Version)

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Xcalibur and cat's claw are my faves
    Xcalibur as the knight can use it to kill any enaimy
    Cat's claw as (if getan early enuf) my black mage can start to help more often
    note: i do like the Masmune but thats for theif/ Ninja
    I'm back who mised me.
    Tumble weed roles across the ground.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

Defender, because when my small, unintelligent, naive little seven year old self came across the Defender, I was completely confused. It says Defender, but it's a weapon?

My mind froze as old NES games sometimes do.

And then I realized how marvelous this strangely named weapon was, if even the look of it was quite bland indeed.

Swordchucks- nuff said

But in all non 8bit reality I have to say the Healing staff. For pete's sake it casts heal! My all Knight party would be lost without it!
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Default Conundrum

I would say the Xcalibur is the best weapon. But you must a have a Knight to use it. There is also alot to be said for the silver sword once you get over the price tag.
    but the world refused to change...

pants sword

[leeza]JAVIER, please stop spamming. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

In the DoS version, I came across a sword called "deathbringer" when I beat a death knight (EVILMAN). That's my favorite. If anyone knows what the NES version of it is called, I'd like to know.

the defender!!!!!! :fencing:

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Quote Originally Posted by darksword12 View Post
    In the DoS version, I came across a sword called "deathbringer" when I beat a death knight (EVILMAN). That's my favorite. If anyone knows what the NES version of it is called, I'd like to know.
    Does it literally kill enemies in one hit like the name suggests or does it cast a spell that attempts to kill all enemies when used as an item? If it's the latter then it was probably the Bane Sword.