Thread: Thoughts?

Default Thoughts?

I've been here a while and I know a basis of most people's opinion's on just about every other game... but this game hasn't been brought up alot.

I just wanted to hear you're thoughts on the Final Fantasy series foundation. I'll post my thoughts later.

Blog Entries

Take it from the nostalgic guy whose played it a billion times and is doing a solo Thief challenge, who knows everything by heart, from monster HPs to character stats to which enemies can and can't be run from to what item is in which treasure box, has dreamed up a fanfiction that could probably fill a LotR sized trilogy (Yet somehow knows better than to write it, simply letting it lie because such fandom is silly and unmarketable in the end... Alas, hopeless fanaticism vs. knowledge), and is probably the most disilusioned Final Fantasy fan around...

FINAL FANTASY IS THE BEST FINAL FANTASY!!!!!!

(SPOILER)The rest are just FFs
    Last edited by Martyr; 01-18-2007 at 03:25 AM.

It's fun in a 'stab-yourself-in-the-eye' sort of way. FFIII is ridiculously better though.

Banned

It really made me mad. It really made me mad when Garland talked to me in such a horrible, stupid way. I knocked him down, and he just cheaply disappears? What the is going on here. I just shot like 3 fireballs at this guy, hit him with a freaking metal sword a few times, and he's still living when I'm done with him? I was pissed off so much that I punched my NES right in the face, and gave it a black eye. Then I played Wally Bear and the No Gang.

WALLY BEAR AND THE NO GANG IS BETTER THAN FINAL FANTASY. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU SAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post
    Take it from the nostalgic guy whose played it a billion times and is doing a solo Thief challenge, who knows everything by heart, from monster HPs to character stats to which enemies can and can't be run from to what item is in which treasure box, has dreamed up a fanfiction that could probably fill a LotR sized trilogy (Yet somehow knows better than to write it, simply letting it lie because such fandom is silly and unmarketable in the end... Alas, hopeless fanaticism vs. knowledge), and is probably the most disilusioned Final Fantasy fan around...

FINAL FANTASY IS THE BEST FINAL FANTASY!!!!!!

(SPOILER)The rest are just FFs
    I don't care what gender you are, nor do I care if I've explored my sexuality or not. Marry me.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFIII is a million-trillion times better, but this wasn't bad for a first installment. Still, I don't enjoy playing it too often, much less the inferior NES version, but it's nice to go through it again with a different party combination every now and again. I'll only tolerate the PlayStation version though.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

It's quirky and challenging and has a charm that never gets old. I think I like making my FF1 website more than I like actually playing the game, nowadays though. Possibly the memories are better than the actual game at this point. The remakes are still fun to play. I played it over Christmas break and it was as fun as ever. Pretty good for a game that's nearing 20 years old.

I'm now quite sure I've played through it more times than FF7. That's a lot.

Writing them as they come:

-It's slow, and now that I've been able to play it on an emulator with a fast forward button, I don't think I could ever go back to the cart.

-The fact that they don't talk, allowing you to imagine their personalities yourself as opposed to them all being assigned stereotypical RPG character traits with the hero making you unable to enjoy the game because you're too busy grumbling "the loner, emo hero trend needs to get over itself FAST"-- that wasn't a bad thing, it was a good thing.

-I never was able to do the code to get to the sliding puzzle. I read 48967248905640893564 different sites and examined each way to do it, tried it every way I could imagine, but it never worked. And that ticked me off, even if I'm not missing much.

-The fact that it isn't always obvious what your next stop will be is a bit annoying, but not awfully detrimental to enjoyment.

-Choosing your party and having as few or many mages and meatshields as you want=fun.

-I don't care what anyone says, I like the thief.

-Not terribly challenging unless you do something stupid on purpose (solo challenge, all white mages, etc).

-Level grinding is kind of fun for me. brings back nostalgic memories of my first RPG, Dragon Warrior I. Fighting slime after slime after drake after drake to afford that hand axe. And the music that told you you just advanced to the next level! Good times =)

-I cannot complete the game without screaming at my screen "This plot/ending makes no sense!!!!!" [edited for heavy profanity].

-My 5th favorite Final Fantasy.