Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do "unhappy crushes" affect you?

Banned

Smile How do "unhappy crushes" affect you?

Nah, I ain't in no "unhappy crush" or anything myself, but I didn't see any threads like this one around.

Anyway, you know what I'm talking about: you're in love with someone who doesn't return your feelings.
    Alright, so how does it affect you?
    Do you just wanna stay away from the person as much as possible, or do you feel totally down all day?

Personally I usually go "crap" and avoid the person as much as I can, and I'm pretty fine.
    However, I've also had these moments when I found out some particular girl was already "taken", and then life sucked dangerously much for about a week.

It's fascinating how a relatively inacquainted person can affect another person's well-being like this...

uhm, happens all the time. I've been in love with a girl who doesn't want to be more than friends. Can't avoid someone who is your best friend and you'd do anything for, trust me, I've tried.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

There is a particularly large difference between "love" and "crush.

Typically, it does not happen to me. The only crushes I have had were realistic ones that eventually lead to some sort of relationship between the person and I. When the relationship ends, so does the contact between the two of us. I have been friends with an ex-girlfriend only once and my life and that was only for the sake of the rest of our friends. Funny enough, even because of that we ended up losing contact with each other. Not that I regret it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    There is a particularly large difference between "love" and "crush.
    yes, but I can start with a crush on someone, and then love them without getting those feelings returned. But I was saying I've had crushes on a number of girls who did not like me in return. I just used an extreme example of a girl I am actually in love with.

THE JACKEL

Our posts were made at the exact same time. Use your deductive skills to come to the conclusion that I must be commenting on the only other person to post in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Our posts were made at the exact same time. Use your deductive skills to come to the conclusion that I must be commenting on the only other person to post in the thread.
    I have never, ever looked at the time of posts, only the order, in all my years and number of forums I post on

THE JACKEL

Generally I don't care.

However, there is one person who's making me introvert because of feelings toward her. Best bit? She's 200 miles away. Bloody women

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm how do they affect me? well I get angry at that person for a while then think feth it and move on.

I had a pretty hard time about it. I sort of quit my last job because of a guy I had a crush on. I knew the feelings could never be mutual, and the more I saw him the more I thought oh dear I'm gonna end up in love with him. I should quit my job now.

Fate somehow agreed he was not right for me. Because my workplace was being unfair and were making me work days and shifts when I was supposed to be at University. So in a way, I was destined to leave my job and my feelings for him.

But personally, I think it's best to keep things silent, until that person reveals their feelings first.
    A coward dies a thousand deaths. A soldier only dies ONCE

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

It doesn't bother me too much. If I've already figured out it's not going to happen, then I don't worry about it.

Those are always sad. They always made me sad, no matter what. I can't think of any reason to not feel sad if you got crush on someone who doesn't have mutual feelings.

Gladly those were limited on my early- and mid-teens.
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

I don’t think I’ve ever had one of these, so I can’t really tell. But if I was in such a relationship, then I would probably try to avoid that person at all costs. Not because seeing her would be painful in any way, but if I got to close to her body I would probably do something really stupid... man, just thinking about it gives me the chills. I’m such a creep. :(

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I had those problems back in my school days. The best way of dealing with such problems was for me to avoid my "crush" and try to forget about them. Heck, it wasn't my fault for falling for them in the first place.

Besides, when you stop and take a look at the type of person you've developed a crush on, you start to realise how horrible and pathetic their personality is. If that isn't the case, focus on the negatives and force yourself to dislike them.

Works for me. =/
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

OOC: little bird chirped in my ear while ago that you were dead, Rainecloud. I'm pretty pleased to see you're alive.

Though, I still got to pay you back for sending me those diapers. /readies his sniping rifle
    ('-'*)/ - "sup"