Thread: So like, whooooa (Contains massive Death Note spoilers)

Default So like, whooooa (Contains massive Death Note spoilers)

Massive Spoiler alert, this is full of them, if you dont want to know what happens, dont highlight the spoiler text, if you do, its your own fault.

So I just watched the Death Note live action movie, and I must say it was quite interesting, Light is played by the same person who played Nanahara Shuya in the Battle Royale movies. Plotwise there are a few differences, and by few I mean blazing slap you in the face ones like (SPOILER)Light doesnt get the Death Note at school, he get's it in an alley after getting accousted by thugs then most of it after that is the same plot as the anime/manga but then (SPOILER)Instead of Naomi and Light working together as a "team" she accuses Light outright of being Kira, and instead of her just disappearing, Light uses the Death Note to make her kill herself, also, Shiori (Light's "girlfriend") is killed in the process, but with the Death Note, by Light and from the way it ended there is going to be at least one more, maybe two, or even more, for those who read the manga, this movie ended where (SPOILER)Light meets L face to face for the first time and joins the investigation team. So, if any of you have seen this, what is your opinion on it, and if you havent do you want to?

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't like the guy who plays Light. He's too happy. And his hair is messier than L's. This should NOT happen.

The guy who does L is awesome though.

And most of the scenes with any non-main character are rife with overdramatic-ness (especially when the extras are criminals who are dying). But then, that's pretty common in Japanese live-action.

The Shiori thing was cool, but the problem with it all is that the guy who plays Light doesn't do a good enough job of making us believe that he's this manipulative evil genius. He comes off as a moron.

I agree with the L bit, and also the hair bit, L's hair should be way more messy then it is.

The over-dramatic deaths kind of take away from the quasi seriousness of it all, there are a few places where the guy who plays Light makes him sound like a manipulative genius, but I agree, most of the time, not so much.