Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Coke or Pepsi?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    I've lived in Oregon. No one there says "pop". I question the legitimacy of that map. What's more likely is that the coastal areas use the appropriate "soda" descriptor while the less educated rural populations of the Midwest and South use the incorrect "pop" descriptor. No one cares what Canadians have to say on the matter.
    I lived in Oregon for a year and everyone I knew called it pop. I called them retarded.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

Wise words, Bunny.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    Wise words, Bunny.
    From where I'm standing it's like watching two monkeys grunting at each other and flinging feces. I'm sure to the monkeys it seems wise.

Excuse me while I get myself a cold, refreshing bottle of pop.

ive only really heard coke and soda. i met someone who was liveing in canada for awhile and eventually started calling it pop himself.

now judgeing from the map every town across the country ive been to its location always called it coke or soda. ive been new hamshire down to florida and all the states in between and las vegas nevada

i live in tristate area of new york i normally here coke or soda. im going to buffalo next week and according to the map in bafflo i should be hearing pop. infact i will even ask someone even though by time i get back from buffalo this thread will be near dead but none the less ill still post it
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    I've lived in Oregon. No one there says "pop". I question the legitimacy of that map. What's more likely is that the coastal areas use the appropriate "soda" descriptor while the less educated rural populations of the Midwest and South use the incorrect "pop" descriptor. No one cares what Canadians have to say on the matter.
    I lived in Oregon for a year and everyone I knew called it pop. I called them retarded.
    Well I lived in Portland so maybe somewhere in the backwaters they say it like that, but educated city folk call it soda.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My god this is stupid, THIS THREAD PROBABLY ISN'T FOR SERIOUS PURPOSES, so do us all a favor, and let's move on, this is silly, saying "pop" dosen't make you a hillbilly or uneducated, so PLEASE stop this needless chatter, it's silly.

EDIT: I would ask for you to stop being "intellectual" with your prefences, okay, I SAY POP! I MUST BE AN IDIOT HILLBILLY! WOO-HOO! I'M DUMB HAHAHAHA!

If that's what you're implying, then stop, I know you call it whatever you want, and I hope you're not serious because I find it offensive, please. And I would ask for it to stop, just continue on with the actual subject, before this thread is renamed "World War III: Pop .VS. Soda.
    Last edited by Laddy; 01-20-2007 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Well I lived in Portland so maybe somewhere in the backwaters they say it like that, but educated city folk call it soda.
    Dirtiest city I have ever seen. And that is taking into account my brief stint in San Francisco.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by RedXIII13 View Post
    My god this is stupid, THIS THREAD PROBABLY ISN'T FOR SERIOUS PURPOSES, so do us all a favor, and let's move on, this is silly, saying "pop" dosen't make you a hillbilly or uneducated, so PLEASE stop this needless chatter, it's silly.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think us normal people should stay out of this, and laugh as the Staff and Recs. squabble amongst themselves. Hopefully they'll end up killing each other, or finally realising that Fizzy Water is the best name for it.

Also: faeces.

Hitler Said Soda. And So Did Squall.

You don't want to be like Squall, do you?