Thread: Theif

Default Theif

Just wondering, is there anything really worth stealing (besides from odin)? Not that the thief is only good for that. Seeing as how cheap I am, I change job classes just to open up doors. And also, their weapons are pretty strong too.

(and don't get mad at me if this was already mentioned. I did a search and tried a couple of threads. None of them was what I was looking for. And there aren't really any unique words to search for).

I've never ever stolen anything except Potions.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

You can steal Phoenix Downs from Rust Birds. That's something worth stealing I'd say. Or high potions, cause that saves money.
    But besides Odin, no bosses have something very valuable.

Well I guess phoenix downs can be worth it. But before I even found out about the cheat for more of the same items, I always had enough high potions and phoenix downs. (and no, I never bought the high potions). You just find enough of them after battles. Plus, I use magic for curing before items. (for the phoenix downs, just too damn stingy to use them).

my thief was actually one of my strongest characters. Due to the agility, it gains more hits per attack faster than other classes. It end up being my strongest attacker for awhile.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

What can you steal from Odin? O_o

Supposedly, you can steal Odin's weapon. My theif was no where near level 71 though >_>.

And yea, the thief is pretty strong. When I could first use the thief, he was fighting in the front just as well as the other guys.

And whenever I need to open doors, he still fought just as well as the other guys.

But I don't really use the thief because their defense kind of sucks because of the armor they get to choose from. Also, I like some of the other special abilities more than flee. (not that its bad, keeping defense while running is pretty cool), but I've never had to run from a fight.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Thief is awesome! I was almost taken aback by how powerful they made him in this version...unfortunately, he is a bit lacking in the defense department.

Quote Originally Posted by smilejb View Post
    Supposedly, you can steal Odin's weapon. My theif was no where near level 71 though >_>.
    Yes, you can get his weapon. I've forgotten the name of it, but I did get it once. And then he killed my party so I ended up just not getting it. I could probably go back and fight Odin now that I'm stronger. My thief was level 78 at the time, and is now 99.

But I don't really use the thief because their defense kind of sucks because of the armor they get to choose from. Also, I like some of the other special abilities more than flee. (not that its bad, keeping defense while running is pretty cool), but I've never had to run from a fight.
    Yeah, the Defense does suck. My Thief does way more damage than my Knight or my Black Belt, but he's usually dead after a round or two, nullifying that power. But the agility is awesome. My Thief almost always goes first, every round.
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Ninjas are buffed up Theifs except that they don't have the steal function anymore.

I thought thief would be an interesting job. But I doubt im ever going to use that class. Anyways, Pheonix Downs are way worth it, you can never have to many. Also, if you have more than enough, you can just start using them for fun.

Also, arent there mobs, townsfolk, that you can use Pheonix Downs to get special items from them?

Sorry if I did not make that much sence. Im doing two things at once right now.

Odin's weapon is Gungir, a spear. If you can get it it makes Dragoons much stronger and more useful.

Theif's defense sucks yes, give him thrown weapons and stick him in the back row. In the front row with the most powerful knives he can also be very strong, assuming he doesn't die. I actually kept a Thief for the whole game up until I upgraded him to Ninja, partially so he'd have a high enough job level to steal Gungir.
    The Phoenix's flame burns eternal.

A thief is really handy to have around. You'll escape battles at a higher rate if you have a thief in your party. Even if there's nothing to steal.
    I prefer the term "Treasure Hunter".