Thread: Your patience just isnt quite up to the challenge....

Default Your patience just isnt quite up to the challenge....

In FF3, what do you find is the hardest thing to grind for?

Is it...

HP?
    Job level?
    MP?
    Level?
    Money?

The reason i ask is right now, im in Saronia (crazy king with 4 districts. Kicked out heir ) And i went up to face the boss, (Big chicken man, temprorarily forgot name) with my guys at lvl 28 or so, and his Lightening attack pretty much laid everyone flat (600 min-800 max dmg to my party) Ever since, I have leveled up for my health, so I have enough padding to survive the guy, and hopefully get lucky with a healing Ifrit attack ^^

Just if you were wondering, my party is Viking, Dragoon, Dark Knight, and Evoker. Please dont comment on my party though, I just found it relative to my story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

Job Level, especially in the DS version. At job level 99 you can get ultimate weapons made for that class when it reaches 99. It's really annoying guarding for 5 turns before killing the enemy to gain one every battle.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Don't worry about Viking for that fight. It's magic defense is weak. One strategy is to make your party 4 Dragoons, then you can avoid the lightning attack. My party was:

Dragoon
    Geomancer
    White Mage
    Black Mage

The first time I played him I got wasted. He used lightning 3 times and that was too much. The second time he only used it once and I managed to take him out pretty easily. Dragoon jumped, Geomancer used Terrain, White Mage used Cura on all, Black Mage used Blizzaga. Level 28 should be ok for that fight, you just have to get lucky and hope he attacks more than lightnings.

To answer your question I thought levelling at the very beginning was the most grinding. Also fighting to get rid of stat restrictions after changing jobs can get annoying.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Thanks for the tip, but this is my second time going through, and I already beat him fairly easily the first time with the monk, draggon, white and black mage combo.

and ultimate weapons at jb 99? awesomeness.

i almost beat him one time, after 4 complete heals from ifrit ^^ but, then my guys died after two consequetive lighening attacks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

The hardest thing would probably job level. Getting a level 71 thief just for odin >_>. (too lazy to do though.) I'll try that when I try to beat the game again.

I hated that guy >_>. I knew that I was supposed to have atleast 2 dragoons (looking at all those damn spears and armor made it obvious), yet I was too stubborn to do that.

I had one dragoon, white mage, knight, and I kept switching the fourth job. (mostly to tell myself that after the probabtion period is over, I'll go fight him again).

I think in the end, the last job was a viking. I kept dying from him because that lightning spell always hit in the thousands for everyone but the white mage. So it was kind of hard to heal everyone.

Then I decided, all or nothing. White mage healing everyone as much as possible while everyone else relentlessy attacked. He died on the second round before hitting me :-D.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Someone actually bothered to get jobs to 99? I had Refia as White Mage from the instant I unlocked the job until Devout became available--levelling up to the point where there were no significantly difficult battles up until then--and she was still only level 65. Getting, say, Ninja to 99 would require more patience than the Buddha posesses.