Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Safe Wii yet?

good evening, miss Tifa's Real Lover(really's Avatar

Default Safe Wii yet?

so is it safe to buy a wii yet? i heard there isnt any bugs found on it yet, and i want to get a good version so it wont mess up in 2-5 years

is it safe for me to buy a wii yet?

I would probably go play video games or have sex (the usual) - Nominus Experse

my mom would be like "ve? yo te dije, el internet no es bueno."

"seriously, my mom tells me "que tu hase en eso el dia entero?" and im like "mami yo toy hablando con people" xD. spanglish, ftw." ~ liz

Yeah, the only problem with the Wii launch is that the wrist strap was kinda flimsy, so stupid people would whip their controllers at their TVs. Even that's been fixed in the new shipments, and you can get free replacement straps from Nintendo.

Blog Entries

Indeed, it is perfectly safe to get one at this time in that regard.

For everything to be perfectly safe you would have to wait for a year or two, problems in consoles can turn up years after you buy them. Of course your not up to waiting a year, so at the moment, the Wii seems fine. I personally think the strap is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Real Lover(really View Post
    so is it safe to buy a wii yet? i heard there isnt any bugs found on it yet, and i want to get a good version so it wont mess up in 2-5 years

is it safe for me to buy a wii yet?
    No, you're going to have to wait 2-5 years to see if there are any mass reports of Wiis breaking. No one here can tell the future, sorry.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Maxx Power predicts: Despite initial manufacturing problems, Wii's will generally be very durable. However they will quickly become outclassed in terms of hardware. Popularity will ride primarily off "gimmick" games until two years into the console's lifetime, at which time development will begin focus on games that rely less and less on the Wii-mote's movement sensors.

Approximate lifetime of console : 5 to 7 years.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

The Wii is kinda safe to buy now. Just make sure you play Wii Sports with dry hands and HOLD ONTO THE DAMNED WIIMOTE.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Nintendo is generally good about making sure their consoles don't crap out on you. I'd say it's safe to get one (if you can find one, of course).

I bought a Nintendo Wii three weeks ago and I haven't had any problems with it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Since when has there ever had to be any caution when buying Nintendo products?

yeah it's safe to buy, I just have to find one. Being in a college town, it's always sold out.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Never, but you can always count on having to buy about three addons when a new game comes out.

Banned

All because of the Wii. No, it is never safe to get a Wii. You're going to hurt yourself no matter what. Even if you're wearing the wrist strap, you're going to get hurt or break something.

Quote Originally Posted by rih29 View Post

All because of the Wii. No, it is never safe to get a Wii. You're going to hurt yourself no matter what. Even if you're wearing the wrist strap, you're going to get hurt or break something.

I don't think that's true because I bought a Wii and I've been playing it for a few weeks now. I've been following the safety instructions and I haven't hurt myself while playing it.

I think the only reason why people have hurt themselves is because they're either not wearing the wrist strap or they're throwing their arms around like four year olds. The Wiimote responds to subtle motion you don't need to fling your arms about like a crazy person.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShlupQuack View Post
    Never, but you can always count on having to buy about three addons when a new game comes out.
    I only bought two add ons for my Cube: the GBA cable for Four Swords and FFCC, and the ethernet hookup for eight player Double Dash. And both were reasonably priced, and I thought well worth it.

So blarg to you.

Also, I don't know anyone who's hurt themselves playing Wii yet. Then again, I tend to avoid surrounding myself with morons.