Thread: Tournament bracket types

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Tournament bracket types

This might sound like a weird question, but I need ideas for a tournament bracket that'll be adaptable to an unknown number of teams (probably 4-8).

We were supposed to get the cash on Friday to make sure we knew who was showing up, but that fell through, and at the moment I'm not sure how to make them up to allow for much variation (or even odd numbers of teams).

It's for a LAN party. For the first round, we planned on putting multiple teams together to face each other, then the winners of that would break off and form a winner and loser bracket, which works ideally with four people but is pretty impractical for any more. We could just as well skip that idea and have the teams face each other separately, but I'm still not sure how to work out a bracket for an odd number.

I'm pretty sure everyone will be mad at me on Monday if I don't figure this out, so go to it. Otherwise I may be dead. No pressure, dudes, no pressure.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And then there is Death

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This could work. I'll have to play around with it a bit more, but it looks more promising than trying to fit an elimination-style bracket to this kind of play. We'd have to do accelerated, it looks like, just because of time constraints, but we can probably work it out.