Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Frustrating Experiences with Technology

My router/modem is a piece of :skull::skull::skull::skull:.

Ciddieless since 2004

I have a friend who has a laptop that overheats on him often. He asked me about it, and I installed Speedfan on it. It reported that Temp1 was at 71° C. So I don't trust Speedfan very much.

I can't install Linux on my computer, because of my nVidia RAID. Windows doesn't make me jump through hoops to get it installed, why should Linux?
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

SMB network shares in linux :( I never claimed to be all that good at linux, but I sort of assumed that an operating system that filled up an entire DVD would include proper tools to configure Samba without having to resort to editing .conf files, guess I was wrong.

Other than that, zomg none :p.

Quote Originally Posted by Jebus View Post
    My case fan rattles sometimes. And when I ordered my large storage drive, I forgot to buy the cables for it.

Other than that, I have no trouble with technology. Machines love me.
    That's because you are a machine.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Blog Entries

Yo, Sock! Use a friggin pencil!
    ------------------

Anyhow, I do very poorly with trannys. I cut my hand open working on one a few months ago, and, frankly, they all just suck and blow up and crap, and EVERYBODY else is also bad with them, so it isn't like I can get anybody else to fix the crap better than me.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My laptop overheats and then turns off randomly all the time

Next year I'll get a new computer... Dx

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post

If my sister were a member she'd quote this
    ...Geddit?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You could also give it to some tech geekie and ask him to fix it for you. I'm sure any nerdy boy would love to help you~
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

casual mind slip

I've been having problems with my Internet lately. Our port keeps being disabled at random times, so we have to call the fixer guys to get it working. It was down yesterday, but magically started working later on. It's weird.

Ciddieless since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Jojee View Post

One can of compressed air and a pack of cotton buds... perhaps you could clear out some of the dust that's accumilated around the vents?
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

i was churning butter once and i broke the handle

Apparantly, I am a machine as well. :o Machines fix themselves as I walk into the room.

My motherboard fried itself and my computer would shut off at random intervals and then start beeping very loudly and in an annoying rhythm. I called the company and they sent me a box to send back to them with my computer in it. I did this within a day because I need my computer in order to do certain important things.

A week later I recieved a message on my cell phone at work that said they had recieved my computer and were working on it as they spoke. Getting to the bottom of the problem, if you will.

A week later I called them to check the status of my computer because I had no word of what was going on. The answer I recieved was as follows, "We have recieved your computer but the part needed for repair is not in stock. We have ordered a shipment of the part and they should arrive in two or three business days. Your computer will be sent back to you within a day or two of the shipment arrival."

I said "Okay, thanks." And decided everything was good, I hadn't a need to worry.

A week later I called back and asked where my computer was. They still hadn't gotten around to working on it, and they hadn't even ordered the shipment. The answer I got was that "They needed to order parts in the thousands, so they couldn't just order it right away." I told them what I had been told a week earlier and then demanded to speak with a manager. I got the information and called him.

We had a verbal argument about the entire ordeal which ended up with me being promised my computer would be back within a week. If not, I was instructed to give the manager a call directly.

A month later I recieved my computer. For my troubles, I got a free stick of ram and promises that it wouldn't happen again.

Before starting up my computer, I noticed two very long, and new, scratches on the case of my laptop. Ignoring these, I booted up my computer and noticed two problems immediately:

1. My sound no longer worked.
    2. My hard drive had been completely wiped, nobody had told me this would happen even though I suspected it would.

So I called the manager up again, told him these things, and a few days later I had my computer back in the shop.

This is a condensed version of this story, as the entire thing takes place over a four month time frame.

Lesson Learned: Do not shop with Hewlett-Packard. They do not have good customer service.

This isn't a technology problem, I suppose. More of a Customer Service nightmare. But hey, it is about a computer.

My pc is so damn bad, not its hardware. It wont ever install some of my newest games, and it resets often on its own! AAaaaAH!

Never Ending Pain....