Thread: Yiazmat records

Default Yiazmat records

Has anyone beaten Yiazmat yet? If so how long did you take to kill him?
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

On my first playthrough, it took about 6.5 hours and 8 stages.
    I started the battle with my guys at level 70 and knocked first 10 bars off (left few time while doing that). After that, left to level my guys up to 99. Then I came back to continue the battle from there. I had to leave more often when I got to the last 10 bars.

I just beat him on my 122333 (aka low-level) challenge, and it took around 14 hours and 7 stages.
    The only reasons I left were if I ran out of Ethers & Phoenix Downs or if I had to go do something.

It took me about 7 hours to slay Yiazmat, but only 1 stage. Lure + Reverse = your friend. But I almost ran out of Chronos Tears...
    "When life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then try to find someone whose life is giving them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

well it took me approximately 27 hours and 12 stages (Mostly spent asleep because I didn't know until about 8 hours into the fight that I could leave and stock up on items and save), and I wasn't at a great level
    I would love to be happy, but unfortunately I'm too busy being awesome and kicking your ass at everything

2.5 hours with 5 stages and a level 78 party. It probably would have taken less time and stages if I had a higher stock of mega-elixirs but no dice.

Banned

Well, I was about level 65 with all my characters and wanted to face Yiazmat without leaving the arena once and beating him. It took me about 8-9 hours straight to get him down to 2 bars of HP left.

You can't imagine how pissed off I was when he used White Breath and inflicted Stop on two of my characters and then killed the third with Death Strike. And then he used Cyclone to kill my secondary party, who only had about 4000-5000 HP without Bubble. I didn't use Lure+Reverse by the way.

What a stroke of rotten luck. If it hadn't happened though, I think it might have taken another hour or two.

I then level'd up my party to about level 70 and beat him using about 6 stages and maybe around 7 hours or so. I didn't save though. I'm still keeping my level 65 file though, to hopefully one day beat Yiaz like I had wanted to.

I;ve never beaten him, but I never tried any real tactic, except for just pummeling him, which failed horridly.
    Any tips anyone?

The really funny thing was about my battle was that I had the weird accessory that reverses the effects of healing items equipped with Vaan and I used an elixir, big mistake! It healed him completely

I just beat it last night. Not sure exactly how many hours it took, but out of the last ten life bars it took me 22 mins to take down 5 and then it took about 20 mins to take of ONE lifebar after that. It gets really difficult at the end. I done it in 16 stages I think, or maybe 15. I'm not entirely sure on that.

The best strategy is to have one person do the healing with faith and bubble status (give them a ribbon accessory), have a tank that has protect and lure status and a bubble belt accessory equipped, and then a heavy hitter who constantly should be in berserk status and have a bubble belt too. I recommend they be at level 99 (for the end of the battle at least). I used the Tank to cast the support magic like Bubble and Hastega on the healer.

Your strategy will have to change later on. When Yiazmat is down to like 10 life bars you should stop casting berserk on your heavy hitter and just settle with bravery because your party members will be dying all the time so everyone needs to have Arise magic as top priority on the gambits. After a few are taken down he becomes really difficult so your tank (with lure) will need reverse status for a while in order for everyone to survive because Yaizmats attacks can go up to 10 hits with about 2-3 thousand damage per hit! By this stage he stops using white breath so your healer will no longer need the ribbon so just give them a bubble belt so you don't have to waste what little time you have ALIVE casting bubble. That went on for ages until I was down to 2 life bars when I thought "F*** it!" I took all support magic of the gambits (because no matter what support magic I cast, which had to be renewed EVERY time they were revived, Yaizmat was doing WAY too much damage for any support magic to save me anyway) and just had my tank and heavy hitter do nothing but attack and cast Arise when needed. The healer still healed tho. Eventually it died and I was happy lol. Hope this strategy helps.

it took me about 6 hours and i was on stage 4..all my party was 99
    i used the tournesoul,ultima blade and masamune i would have used zodiac spear but i accidently opend one of the chest you werent supposed to open.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    I;ve never beaten him, but I never tried any real tactic, except for just pummeling him, which failed horridly.
    Any tips anyone?
    All out attack is not the way to go. Instead use the tried and tested Lure + Reverse tatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthier Rocks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    Any tips anyone?
    All out attack is not the way to go. Instead use the tried and tested Lure + Reverse tatic.
    what is that tactic

2 Hours and 23 mins with lvl 86 frontline and lvl 10 reserves. Weapons used were of the melee kind: Zodiac Spear, Tournesol and Yagyu Darkblade. It might've been faster had I swapped Bubble Belts/Genji Gloves for Cat-ear Hood and had a gambit set-up for the spell instead.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Use the magick Reverse so his attacks heal you, then use Lure (Magick? Tecknic?) so he only attacks that character.

I'll be at level 99 soon, does it make a huge difference what your level is? It appears that this may take me 6 hours, hehe

Also, I heard he does status effects, I have one Ribbon, I'll have to find more. I haven't researched him yet.
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008