Thread: stupid gambit

Default stupid gambit

ok, so i got telekinesis and i wanted to do a foe: flying / telekinesis gambit, but when i go to do it, telekinesis doesn't even show up! all that shows up is libra, 1000 needles, and some other technick. all the other technicks are still question marks. can anybody help?

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

EDIT: Did you remember to get the License AND the spell for the character in question ?

The first condition satisfied always gets done first.

Put foe:/ tele BEFORE any of the "foe" conditions.

Like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I don't have a chance at reading that, Renmiri :p. And yeah, it needs to be put higher on the list than other foe actions, such as "foe: nearest -> attack".
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I think he means that Telekinesis isn't showing up on his Gambit list when he goes to set it up.

This will sound stupid, so I apologize ahead of time, but did you make sure you checked all the pages? If I remember correctly Telekinesis is on the very last page, towards the bottom. And yes, do make sure you got the license for the character, too.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Aye but if he didn't get the license it won't show up, even if he bought the spell.

Errr... Aye lemme try the image again

Don't call the gambit stupid just because you're having a problem with it! It sounds like you just haven't bought the technik yet. If you have the license and not the technik, in the gambit menu the technik will appear as a question mark (whereas if you bought the technik but don't have the license the technik's name will appear in dark letters). Sorry if I'm wrong but it sounds like this is your problem...
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

if they are question marks i'm betting he hasn't bought the tech yet.

.......i bought the technick. hence me saying "i got telekinesis" in my first post. i'm not completely retarded. everybody has the license for it, and it still doesn't show up when i go to make it a gambit

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Where did you buy the Telekinesis spell ? Perhaps you can go back and see if it is still for sale ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabranth View Post
    .......i bought the technick. hence me saying "i got telekinesis" in my first post. i'm not completely retarded. everybody has the license for it, and it still doesn't show up when i go to make it a gambit
    hahahaa I was worried I'd come off as insulting your intelligence. That's really strange though. There's no reason I'm aware of that would make a technik you bought and have the license for appear as a question mark. I was just trying to find a way to make it mess up but if you bought it, it should always appear as the technik's name. Maybe you found a glitch. (Telekenesis isn't that great, anyway.)
    なんだかずっと夢を見ていたようだ

yeah, i tried it out with vaan and he only did like 1100 damage and he had the zodiac spear. and renmiri, i think i bought it at the necrohol..or wherever they sell it. whatever, i probably just have a retarded copy of the game