Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buy? or nah?

buy? or nah?

i wanna try this game, but none of the video shops in my area have it. im wondering whether to buy it because i've heard good reports, but mostly bad , please tell me opinions, though im sure all im going to get from this board is good reports. I know people's opinions differ, but i just wanna know yours

well I think that Final Fantasy IX is a very good game, because it is really much more a fantasy game then Final Fantasy VIII. If you like some incredibly idiot, but also very funny characters, then you should play it certainly.

The story is a little bit predictable, but it really surprises sometimes so it ain't too predictable.

For me, Final Fantasy IX were by far the most easiest Final Fantasy to beat, but that's before I heard of Hades and Ozma

Well I think you should buy it, if you are able to find a shop that sells the game. You probably won't have to pay too much for it so it can't be a huge disaster if you don't like it.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

If you like Final Fantasies in general then there's no reason why you shouldn't like this. Buy, borrow, or steal
    ...Geddit?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart's Friend Milhouse View Post
    ...or steal
    But be sure you have magic stones equipped to Bandit and Master Theif or you might get caught.

This is a great game, one of the best, if not the best in the series. Definitely worth getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Krod91 View Post
    i wanna try this game, but none of the video shops in my area have it. im wondering whether to buy it because i've heard good reports, but mostly bad , please tell me opinions, though im sure all im going to get from this board is good reports. I know people's opinions differ, but i just wanna know yours
    Where did you hear such nonsense? This is one of the best FF titles you can get.

Buy, definitely. In my opinion, it's the best in the series.

definatly buy
    its not the BEST ff ever, and its really corny at parts, but the story is good and very easy to follow
    and be sure to be patient, the bar fills up VERY slowly for your characters next turn, so be patient

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!

Its only the best game ever...so...nah. Dont buy it.

Seriously though, this is (like practically all FFs), an amazing game. Ive played VII, VIII, IX and X. I loved them all, but FFIX is the best...just.

If you enjoy FF, youll find that this game captures the heart and soul of Final Fantasy. It would be a heinous crime not to play it.

If you don't buy this game, someone will have to smack you.

it's gud!! but it depends on what your into... this was the frist 1 i played and i loved it

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Don't waste your money. Buy 4.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

Banned

Lots of Originals haters and FF7 & FF8 fanboys I've seen hate this game. But don't listen to them, it's the best of all Second Generation games.

great, thats persuaded me, i'll buy it! i've played IV, VII, VIII, X and X-2 and loved them all (with the exception of X-2, i mean, really, what's up with that?) so it's only fair that i try this ay?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Good lad! Go have fun!

Only buy it if you enjoy pleasure.