Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whats Your Team?

Default Whats Your Team?

I just started a new FFI File and i wanted to see what other ppl's teams consist of ppl where i live dont play RPG's that much it sucks but my team is

Theif-Seen-3
    Warrior-Eric-3
    Black Mage-Neewb-3
    White Mage-Faith-3

Just started ignore the levels...but is that a good team?
    New Years Revolutions
    1.)Beat Or Rebeat Final Fantasy
    A. Beat FFXII
    B. Delete My Game Saves
    C. Beat OR Rebeat
    2.)Stay Together with my beautiful Girlfriend Faith

Warrior, Thief, White Mage, Black Mage is one of the two most common teams. The other being replace the Thief with the Black Belt or Monk or whatever it's called in your version. It's a perfectly good team.

Me however? I prefer physical attacks, especially in the DoS version because all the good spells can be cast from items. And as much as having two of one character can be great, I prefer not to. Therefore my "favorite" party is Warrior, Thief, Black Belt, Red Mage. I just like having different characters, and magic is really not important in FFI. You run out way too fast, and by the time you really "need" it to help out, items can cast them.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

My composed team

Warrior
    Monk
    Black Mage
    White Mage

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

The giver of *hugs* boys from the dwarf's Avatar

my first team was exactly the same as Zerv's.

you cant go wrong with it.

on a second playthrough i used a red mage, monk, white mage and black mage. it works well but could use more physical power. its also expensive because of magic but you have a very powerufl fighter, someone who is good at everything and dont miss out on any of the powerful spells.

fighter
    monk
    fighter
    white mage

or something along those lines will give you loads of power and great healing which is all you need but it could be a bit boring and having two of the same job class is unsightly.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4
    ...*holds up free hugs sign.*

Fighter
    Red Mage
    Thief
    White Mage

Decent physical strength in the beginning, great physical strength in the end.
    Last edited by robfinalfantasy; 02-05-2007 at 01:33 AM.

White Mage
    Black Mage
    Red Mage
    White Mage

I find it to be a good mix of physical damage, magical damage, and and over abundence of healing. Standard party consists of Warrior, Monk, Black Mage, White Mage, but that gets boring after awhile.

Simply put, the Fighter rarely needs healing. A thief has high evasion and needs some healing. Black belts can get hurt a lot, but they have big damage for little upkeep(ie really cheap), and redmage can survive with little healing. White mage needs healing basically everytime it gets hit, as does Black Mage. Basically, unless you have a mage, you really don't need a white mage. A white mage makes it necessary for you to have a white mage. If you don't have magic using classes, the magic a Knight learns at upgrade, and the white magic of a redmage, is more than enough to keep your party of fighting characters alive.

Technically the best party is fighter, fighter, redmage, redmage. I dare anyone to prove to me a faster party to beat the game. Very expensive, but a hell of a power team. You get two casts of the hit all enemies early, as well as two people who can heal. Then after classes, you get two more people who can heal some, and amazing physical damage with all 4, plus magic attack support.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Warrior- Krakel (This is in the ps version)
    Black Mage- Syther
    White Mage- Lia
    Thief- Zi

OR

Red Mage- Lee/Croft

I seriouslt switch between a Thief and Red Mage every time I play, but the names ALWAYS stay the same.

(Don't ask why, I rwally don't know )

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

F/Th/WM/BM. You can use all the good weapons/armor in the game (except nunchucks, who really cares though); you can use all the magic in the game (remembering you only get 3 of 4 spells per level, but at least one spell per level sucks anyways). It's the best way to "experience" the game to its fullest. It's also well-balanced and easy to play, but not TOO easy (i.e. not F/F/F/RM easy).

Like in my sig, I primarily use F/WM x2/BM, given that I like to see the pixel of the White Wizard with the Masamune on (Origins).

On the other hand, I'd like to dabble T/RM/Monk/BM, so that I can learn to play FF with reduced White Magic (to the point I can play without it).
    Hisui & Kohaku: I play as them in Melty Blood.

Monks. completely. all the way across. not really though, although it is fun to play around with.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Monk
    Monk
    White Mage
    White Mage or Black Mage

Really, really inexpensive. Usually enough money to buy the spells ASAP.

The first time I actually finished the game it was Fighter, Monk, Black Mage, White Mage.

My favourite is Fighter, *insert melee-centric class here*, Red Mage, Red Mage.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
    F/Th/WM/BM. You can use all the good weapons/armor in the game (except nunchucks, who really cares though); you can use all the magic in the game (remembering you only get 3 of 4 spells per level, but at least one spell per level sucks anyways). It's the best way to "experience" the game to its fullest.
    That sums it up for the "best" party to play the game with.

But if you're looking for the strongest party, then I'd go with F/F/T/RM.

My favorite party is BM/BM/BM/BM, but I'm a nutcase.
    Last edited by Martyr; 01-23-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr View Post

That sums it up for the "best" party to play the game with.

But if you're looking for the strongest party, then I'd go with F/F/T/RM.

My favorite party is BM/BM/BM/BM, but I'm a nutcase.

Man Blackmages pwn but i tried and i couldnt get thro the game easily with a full Black Wizard army.....it was fairly expensive and diffuicult
    New Years Revolutions
    1.)Beat Or Rebeat Final Fantasy
    A. Beat FFXII
    B. Delete My Game Saves
    C. Beat OR Rebeat
    2.)Stay Together with my beautiful Girlfriend Faith