Thread: Sandman

Default Sandman

Has anyone else read these comics? I finished reading the series the other day. For those of you who don't know, it's about the Lord of Dreams and various events in which he is involved. I put it that way because many of the stories only involve him for a page or two, and focus on ordinary (or extraordinary) people and their problems. There's even a Sandman book that was illustrated entirely by your friend Yoshitaka Amano.

This is easily one of the best comics I've ever read. Discuss.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

There is better, but not much. I read over the whole series last year, and I recently got Absolute Sandman Volume 1 and have reread the first 19 issues so far, with one more to go. Neil Gaiman is an amazing author, and the series really only gets better as it goes along.

The only criticism I had is that some of the art just doesn't do it for me; I didn't really like the artist who drew The Kindly Ones, if I recall correctly.

The sixth and final part of World's End is one of the best comics ever.

Yeah, the Kindly Ones had a weird art style. It was too cartoony. It was still a really cool story, kind of following up on everyone from the past volumes (minus Barbie, for whatever reason).

It certainly improved when they started including the other Endless more. Desire is a great character. :P

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think Destruction's my favorite, though. Death is close behind, and then Destiny. And then all the others.
    I recommend reading the companion, Death: the high cost of living, and Death: the time of your life if you haven't.

I also wish Gaiman would make more, like Endless Nights.

And then there is Death

The two Death books are actually on their way to me right now. I love Death. And her collection of floppy hats.