Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Techniques

Default Techniques

So, aside from steal and poach, anybody find any of the other techniques useful? Useful enough to make a gambit out of it?

Telekinesis for Flying battles. If used properly, Sight Unseeing can be a good technique. Libra is the most useful overall. Achilles can be useful sometimes, if used in conjunction with magic. If you are lucky, Charge can be good in tight situations. It rarely failed for me.

Horology and Traveler when facing a group of enemies(Just hope it does a lot of damage when used)

Telekinesis for flying enemies

Souleater for some bosses

Charge for your mage characters

Sight Unseeing if used properly like how Bunny mentioned

Libra to avoid traps in caves

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Steal
    Libra
    Charge
    Telekinesis

That was about it for me.

oh, 1000 needles until i got telekinesis.

Libra and Telekineses are the only two that I regularly use. I haven't even tried most of the other ones.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

First Aid is a must on a gambit

Ally: HP critical / First Aid - Save you MP and is as fast as potion use

Revive is pretty handy as long as you have it on only one guy out of your 3 active. It does "Arise" (without using MP, much faster) then you use a Phoenix down on the guy who did Revive. Presto: a fully healed character and party complete again.

Horology was pretty handy before I got some decent weapons and strong spells. It works great on flying foes.

1,000 needles packs a punch before you get Telekinesis. 3 active guys doing 3,000 HP damage per turn is a lot more than you get with most weapons and spells before you finish the Pharos. And your MP is kept for healing and Quickenings

Addle, Expose, Wither and Souleather can chip out HP of many bosses without eating MP.

I actually chose the "Altar of Magick" to cross the Pharos and went up using only techniques and items, pwning all fiends there.
    Last edited by Renmiri; 01-25-2007 at 05:21 PM.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by RiseToFall View Post
    Libra and Telekineses are the only two that I regularly use.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Here is me beating Zalera using only Techniques (and a mist combo to get his HP knocked down to 75% in the beginning).

Pretty much 1,000 needles and Phoenix Down do the whole pwning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMsYl3ZZQXY

Steal > Libra > Charge > 1,000 Needles > Shades of Black (used with Shear) > Wither > Souleater

I never used Poach, not once. Telekenisis is overrated, First Aid is useless, and the rest I've maybe used a couple of times.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I liked charge when I first discovered it xD And I just recently started using 1000 needles which is handy for flying enemies, instead of someone just sitting there useless because I don't want to waste mp.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

First Aid useless ?!?!?

Never!

It heals almost 1,000 HP at a time (Max HP = 8,000 with bubble) and works as fast as a hi potion, plus there's no limit of 99 potions only.

My favorite gambit after Phoenix Down.

Hmm...well, I used it early on and wasn't impressed; perhaps I should try again now that my characters are around Lv. 60...when I get a break from college, that is ;_;

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

This post is to officially vouch for revive's usefulness, especially in a situation where perhaps one character has a bubble belt and perhaps others are in critical condition. Massive gain in hp and it totally saved my hide fighting (SPOILER)Zeromus

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Aye, Revive rocks!!!

Just be careful not to get Revive on 2 of your guys so that they keep on reviving each other and stop fighting

i manly used attakcs on my first file, i only attacked, healed, and used quickenings in boss fights and if the regular enemeis swarmed me and started to kick my @$$ bit , i didn't use black,green,time, dark, and i didn't summon. the only tecnniks i found of use were - steal, libra, and charge.

people say im more like Larsa or Balthier