Thread: expert sphere grid?

Default expert sphere grid?

hey im thinking of starting again, ive completed this game twice now, but id like to play it again, whats the difference between the expert grid and the normal one?
    In a world of nothing, Fear doesn't exist

the expert sphere grid, everything is put in a REALLY hard place to get to. like how Flare was nicely positioned in the top left hand corner will probably be hidden somewhere with lvl 4 locks around it

Expert is a much better sphere grid. In the normal one the best abilities are all over the sphere grid so you have to use alot of teleport/return spheres to get them. And there are alot more Lvl lock nodes in the normal one.

Expert sphere grid is much better imo.

I've found the expert grid to be much more versatile in terms of getting abilities. For example, you can easily train Yuna to be both a black and white mage as what could be considered the black mage and white mage path's are very close together. Other skills such as Steal would be available fairly early and while the powerful abilities are a bit "lost", I've never really used them in the first place so I never noticed

the downside is that there are 55 nodes on the grid then there is on the normal.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

55 nodes less*
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

ah right, so your stats wouldnt get higher if you was on the expert one compared to the normal one? like would you end up with more health attack etc if you went on expert?
    In a world of nothing, Fear doesn't exist

I dunno if it's the same default balance for stats as the standard grid, but if you were trying to stat max you would have to sacrifice something such as HP to a greater extent than on standard to get full 255 stats. on everything else.

The Standard Grid leads each character along a very specific path, and it's very hard to stray from the "right" path for that character, as opposed to the Expert Grid where I've known people to suddenly send Yuna down Lulu's route without really noticing what they were doing until they noticed she had a full set of 'ara level spells instead of Cure, Protect, Shell and Reflect*.

*"Mirror of light, reflect magical spite!"

Quote Originally Posted by Psi View Post
    ... as opposed to the Expert Grid where I've known people to suddenly send Yuna down Lulu's route without really noticing what they were doing until they noticed she had a full set of 'ara level spells instead of Cure, Protect, Shell and Reflect*.

*"Mirror of light, reflect magical spite!"
    hehe, I did that the first time I played on the expert grid. I got cure, level 1 black magic, level 2 black magic and realised, after looking where the hell it is, that the rest of the white magic was not on the path I was following.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

On average, with 55 less nodes, that equates to about 16500 less HP (if you get all other stats to 255). Of course someone else can come in here and argue the toss about how having 9999 or more HP is pointless, I'm certainly not going to get involved with that discussion again.
    There is no signature here. Move along.