Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: WHAT RACE are these people? lol

Default WHAT RACE are these people? lol

are they supposed to be asian? One scene Tidus looks american than he looks asian w/ messed up blonde dye. and what is Lulu/Wakka? im so confused make up ur mind lol. i just always thought of that

I once read somewhere that they're supposed to appear slightly "asian" so as to appeal more to the Japanese audience since Japan I would guess is Square's primary market. When converted to US and EU markets, they really are not going to bother recoding the graphics so that they can look more western. This is also why the lip sync to the dialogue is crap.

So I heard...

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The game overall has far more of an Asian feel than its past three (or all nine for that matter) predecessors. The lip syncing IS crap, but it's their first shot, so I give them the benefit of the doubt.

thats so dumb. if ur targeting them just give one or two characters and asian so that u can appeal to both America and Asia. it just makes sense. they just messed up in that area

and? if a game is meant to be set in the Asian area (which ffx is) then you're going to make your characters look like they've lived there all their lives.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Are all of you (with the exception of Tavrobel) on crack? Haven't you noticed your beloved characters in 7-12 (the ones you can actually see in) look similiar to something out of anime? If they were "asian", they would lose appeal to the Western areas. The inverse if they were "western". So they look mildly like anime to appeal to Japan, and people who are into the japanese subculture.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

That's just the shlock that Nomura refers to as art.

are they supposed to be asian? One scene Tidus looks american than he looks asian w/ messed up blonde dye. and what is Lulu/Wakka? im so confused make up ur mind lol. i just always thought of that
    So you're saying Asians can't be American? The TRUE Americans, i.e. the Native Americans look Asian. So the characters in the normal scene don't look American, they look European.
    And why is it in some FMVs, Tidus' eyes are brown, like in the Kilika Dance one and The Last Chapter FMV?
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

They look caucasian in the actual game's graphics, and they look asian in the FMVs. Mind you, they're not supposed to be any race from Earth anyway, because they're from Spira.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshcfl08 View Post
    Well Yuna is Half Asian. Cause you can see she has Asian Blood, but not that much. Tidus, he is defintly not ASIAN.

Never Ending Pain....

^ Yeah he is. He looks pure Asian there. Well, except for the blonde hair.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by KasaiDraco; 12-30-2006 at 01:50 AM.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

Blog Entries

Theyre Spiran
    or Spiranese

[evaile=B.mage]-[/evaile]
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Tidus is definitely confused. u cant be TWO different races its not going to work. he looks completely different from fmvs compared to actually playing him. okay w/e Spira is not an actual country lets look realisticly. they werent thinking that when they created the gam.e

Ciddieless since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Mind you, they're not supposed to be any race from Earth anyway, because they're from Spira.
    Owned!
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

it doesnt smurfing matter. they all shouldnt look like 2 different people from fmv's to the fighting and what not. it doesnt make sense. u have to make games MATCH which is the same with the voices. it doesnt work which is why final fantasy 12 doesnt have problems with that because X screwed up in that department. done deal.