Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ugly Betty

I think the show is adorable. It's true it's not the funniest thing on the planet, but it's not really supposed to be. It's equal parts drama and comedy.

I don't think she is ugly at all either, but I also think that's sort of the point. She works at a fashion magazine with people who think of her as hideous, but really she isn't. Maybe it's a commentary on standards or something. Or they just can't make her ugly even though they tried, that too.

It's either commentary on the ridiculously high standards of the fashion industry, or it's just ironic.

I haven't had the chance to see Fugly Betty yet, but it looks funny. Although it IS on ABC, home of Full House, America's Funniest Home Videos and (ick) According to Jim.

I saw the first episode and part of another a couple of weeks ago. Channel 4 billed it as a comedy, but it's not. Which would be alright if it was a good something else... but it's not.

It doesn't really seem to work on any level.

God, that sounds harsh. It's not terrible, it just doesn't evoke anything in me.

Is ABC showing a rerun tonight?