Thread: Singing...

Default Singing...

If one practices over a course of a couple weeks or months, will he or she get better in terms of the quality of the voice, or does it remain the same aside from minor changes??

Also, what's some good ways to help warm up your voice, or just help it esculate to a better level in general?
    SO I BEGIN WITH - - - THE END IN MIND

Psychological Pollution,
    They Stickin' Me With Thorazine Solution,
    Shootin' At The Sky Lookin' For Godly Retribution

'Til I'm Impressed With The Print I Can Hear A Pin Drop Like Sprint, Once It Blends I Can Stop Right Then

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Blog Entries

Im not an expert or a professional but drinking water helps me, also i dont think a couple of months wouldnt work (unless you took lessons or something) but a few many months would probably improve it if you practice right

[evaile=B.mage]-[/evaile]
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Well the old cliché "practice makes perfect" isn't quite true. If you practice badly, you will get worse... or at best, improve how well you perform badly.

I'm not sure how much musical background you have so it's hard to help you out in that way. I generally do vocalises to warm up my voice. Doing arpeggiated exercises while practicing different vowels helps. You should perhaps do a I V I or I IV V I pattern repetitively in increasingly higher and lower keys to work on solidifying your voice in the vocal extremes as well as increasing your range.

If you want to PM me about some stuff and give me a better idea of what you are trying to achieve and your musical background I can probably give more accurate advice for what you want personally.

Thanks, I'll PM you tomorrow, I'm pretty tired right now, about to pass out.

Psychological Pollution,

'Til I'm Impressed With The Print I Can Hear A Pin Drop Like Sprint, Once It Blends I Can Stop Right Then

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by - - - TAURUS - - - View Post
    If one practices over a course of a couple weeks or months, will he or she get better in terms of the quality of the voice, or does it remain the same aside from minor changes??

Also, what's some good ways to help warm up your voice, or just help it esculate to a better level in general?
    It depends. You really need to have a professional give you exercises to make you improve. You can't just randomly sing to get better.

There are a few really great exercises where I slide from really high up in my range to very low into my range that helps with the opera I singing that my singing lesson's teacher taught me, but it'd be really difficult to describe it, so sorry. But I'd definitely try to find an instructor. :]

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I CAN TEACH YOU IF YOU WANT!!!!

From what I've found, the only thing that daily practice in itself helps much is range, which too can shrink back down if you go weeks without practice. And yes, ALWAYS warm up starting low, doing the equivalent of long tones if you play a wind instrument, then moving up the scale on arpeggios. Unfortunately diction exercises don't seem to have any long term effects, not to say that you shouldn't do them before performing.

In general, I'd suggest you get a private teacher, especially if at this point you're just muddling through some of the big elements of vocal performance: proper breathing, appropriate vibrato, slur control, &c.

Doctor Who?

before i start singing any songs, my choir instructer always makes us say our vowels and hold them out.
    she also makes us go up and down the scale on our numbers from 1 to 8.
    each time you go up a number you go up a pitch.

that really helps me.
    You always said I looked grumpy. But those were the happiest days of my life.

It's nothing big, I'm just trying to improve my voice a little for this screamo band (hah), similar to that of the lead singers in Emery.

I practiced on and off a couple months back and seemed to slowly get better over time, but idk.

Thanks for the info all.

Psychological Pollution,

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

Smile and Be happy :love: louby_4eva's Avatar

I've been singing for years now, I read somewhere that practise makes perfect, but I don't sound very good at all.

Smile and Be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Lulu View Post
    before i start singing any songs, my choir instructer always makes us say our vowels and hold them out.
    she also makes us go up and down the scale on our numbers from 1 to 8.
    each time you go up a number you go up a pitch.

that really helps me.
    Wow, that sound risky. Especially considering pronunciation of the numbers... just complicates things. Solfege or vowel sounds would be safer and instruct good vowel shapes on long notes.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

Quote Originally Posted by Christmas View Post
    I CAN TEACH YOU IF YOU WANT!!!!
    That...frightens me a little.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

I don't sing.
    Last edited by Hambone; 02-01-2007 at 02:53 AM.

Bump

Psychological Pollution,

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES