Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Know....I've Always Wondered...

Default You Know....I've Always Wondered...

I've always wondered how the clocks on PCs can keep the right time when the power is switched off...It doesnt seem to make sense, it must need some kind of power source other wise the only way it could do it is to try to save the time when it was switched off and try to add the time that it was actually off for...but how would it know?

But anyhoo, now for the topic of the thread, is there anything that you've always wondered about the world and no matter how many angles you look at it, you still cant figure it out?

-Gull-

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Why won't NANNY MANUS die?

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

PC clocks have a tiny battery on them.

Incidentally, that battery lasts as long as 3-4 years but it does go out and it makes the PC lose not only the time but also other info such as Hard Drive type and video board settings. That makes old PCs hard / impossible to boot sometimes
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Why do so many people put such great faith in something that they have no proof exists one way or the other?

Ooooh, I'm gonna get responses to that one!

(SPOILER)Give it to me, babies.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    Why do so many people put such great faith in something that they have no proof exists one way or the other?
    Exaaaactly!

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

You know what, you're right. How do I know this air business exsists? I may as well stop breathing since I can't prove it's there. While I'm on it, what about this eating malarkey? Can't say I've tried not eating for long periods of time. Who says I'd die anyway? The Man? The Man sucks! I hate the Man! No more soldiers in Iraq! Follow the Kyoto Treaty! Soya-powered everything! Liberal hippy comments!
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    You know what, you're right. How do I know this air business exsists? I may as well stop breathing since I can't prove it's there. While I'm on it, what about this eating malarkey? Can't say I've tried not eating for long periods of time. Who says I'd die anyway? The Man? The Man sucks! I hate the Man! No more soldiers in Iraq! Follow the Kyoto Treaty! Soya-powered everything! Liberal hippy comments!
    I assure you, it has been proven that air exists and not eating for long periods of time can kill you. Alternatively, are you trying to respond with blatant idiotic remarks or does it just occur naturally for you?

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bunny, that's not okay to say, and you know it. I think Maxx was probably joking anyways. If not, it's better to ignore him than to be a meanie bo beanie.

Signature by rubah. I think.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I present the classic Animaniacs question:

Why do hot dogs come in packs of ten, yet hot dog buns only appear in packs of eight?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

How do they get the fig in the fig-roll?

Str8 Pimpin'

Quote Originally Posted by fire_of_avalon View Post
    Bunny, that's not okay to say, and you know it. I think Maxx was probably joking anyways. If not, it's better to ignore him than to be a meanie bo beanie.
    Yes ma'am :(

Sorry Maxxie.

Another question: What is up with the sound on this program. It keeps skipping on my movie and it won't sync up! Whhhhy?

Why do hot dogs come in packs of ten, yet hot dog buns only appear in packs of eight?
    Because cold hot dogs are delicious. Eight hot with bun, two cold without bun. Mmmm.

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gullick View Post
    I've always wondered how the clocks on PCs can keep the right time when the power is switched off...It doesnt seem to make sense, it must need some kind of power source other wise the only way it could do it is to try to save the time when it was switched off and try to add the time that it was actually off for...but how would it know?

But anyhoo, now for the topic of the thread, is there anything that you've always wondered about the world and no matter how many angles you look at it, you still cant figure it out?

-Gull-
    Magic of course
    jkhkjg

Do nudists have pin-ups of people with clothes on?

Definitely not over 9000. No.78's Avatar

No, they have pinups of people with skin missing.
    jkhkjg

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Gullick View Post
    Japan & Balsam. Not together, though.