Thread: FEDERER WINS! (surprise, surprise)

Default FEDERER WINS! (surprise, surprise)

He's the first person in twenty-seven years to win a Master's event without dropping a single set, despite playing three tie-breaks throughout the tournament. With this he makes a new record for himself: 36 straight wins, not to mention 10 titles- just four less than Sampras. He's also the first to win three different Majors on three different occasions... I guess, that's enough for now.

After watching Gonzalez's progress through the tournament, I was a bit worried for Fed, and Gonzalez had two set points in the first! After that, though, it was all Federer.
    This is the first time I really heard anything about Gonzalez, and he was really impressive. After his first two matches, he won in straight sets until the final, (owning! Blake and Nadal) and his winner to error ratio was ....well, Federer-like.

Some of those points were forking incredible!

Hats off to Federer as he works toward becoming one of the greatest tennis players in history!

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Hurrah for FEDERER!!!!

And death to NANNY MANUS who is reading this thread currently!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Moron's Profile
    Last Activity: 01-28-2007 04:20 PM
    Viewing Thread FEDERER WINS! (surprise, surprise) @ 04:20 PM

Federer is too good at the moment. Winning every set - I think Borg was the last person to do that. The only thing he cant win is the French, because of Nadal. Im sure he'll do it one day, unlike Sampras.

About Gonzalez, that was the best form Ive ever seen in him. He did Chile proud, taking out Haas as well! (not that Im Chilean) But at the end of the day, Feds is too good. It gets a little tiring, even though his style of tennis is phenomenal.

Who predicts that all 4 titles go to Federer this year?

I wouldnt be a bit suprised.

I'd like to see Fed pull the grand slam, but it's still a tall order. I definitely think it is possible for him to achieve it, though.

Gonzalez's play was phenomenal, and would have been enough to take the title, were it not for Federer's presence.

I mean seriously, can you say "Michael Jordan of tennis?!"

Anyway, count on me to post future ass kickings by the Suede!

If only he were American...

Brian: "If I remember correctly, this is the Physics Department."
    Chris: "That would explain all the gravity."

Oh man, I don't even really care about tennis, but I think I'll have to watch the inevitable Federer - Nadal match at the French Open.
    What I've been listening to: