Thread: Help with getting most powerfull wepons

Default Help with getting most powerfull wepons

can anyone tell me how i get the most powerfull wepons in the game, by loot or sidequest?

people say im more like Larsa or Balthier

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

By hunts, on chests and on sidequests.

They are not for sale at the shops unless you have the right ingredients.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post

uuuummmm could you be more specific on what i need to sell to get them?

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Quote Originally Posted by tempestkitsune View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Renmiri View Post

uuuummmm could you be more specific on what i need to sell to get them?
    Be more specific on which weapons you want exactly then.

well ill give some details
    some of the strongest weapons are the:
    Zodiac Spear (get it by bot opening certain chests) or apparently you can get it as a tresure Henne Mines Phase 2 Dig
    another good one is the Tournesal which takes a while to get:
    You need 3 Gemsteels, 3 Empyreal Souls and 3 Seperentarius to the bazaar
    To get 1 gemsteel you need to sell 1 Scarletite, 2 Damascus Steels, and 2 Hell-Gate's Flame
    Scarletite can be dropped by an Emeradlitian or poached, or it can be stealed by rare monster no. 293 (Aspidocelon in the Cerobi Steppe), a damascus steel can be dropped by a Bune or can be poached, or can be staled by rare monster 300 (Visho, Pharos) rare monster no. 364 (Anchag in Paramina rift) or can be stealed by rare monster 366 (Bluesang in Cerobi steppe), and a hell-Gate's Flame can be dropped by a Cerberus in the feywood.
    Empreayl souls can be made by getting 1 High Arcana, 1 Soul powder, and 2 wargod's bands.
    You can get a high arcana only after getting the canopic jar (get that by selling a phobos gaze [reward for beating the gil snapper] a Horakthy's flame [reward for beating the orthros] and by getting the deimos clay [reward for beating the trickster]) and enemies drop it randomly, or you could get 10 Arcana's, 1 feystone and 1 Sould of Thamasa to make one at the bazaar, but i highly recommened the canopic jar
    get the sould powder by poaching or getting dropped by the Etém in the Henne mines east section, or stealed by rare monster number 338, Vorres in Nechrohol of Nabudis, and the 2 wargod's bands you can gte by dropping or poaching from a Leynir in the Nabreus deadlands, or it can be staled by rare monster no. 351 Victanir, in the Nam-Yensa sandsea
    to get the Sepentarius, you need to either get every Esper and Montblanc will reward you with it, you can steal it from the esper Zoiark, or you can sell 1 High arcana, 4 snake skins (dropped by the wildsnake in Giza plains during the dry) and 2 serpent eyes (drops from basilisk from feywood)
    Overall, all the materials you need are:
    Scarletite x3
    Damascus Steel x6
    Hell-Gate's Flame x6
    Soul powder x3
    Wargod's Band x6
    High Arcana x6
    Snake Skin x12
    Serpent eye x6
    this is very time consuming so make sure you have LOTS of patience, i didnt so i quit on it lol
    Another good one is the Wyrmhero Blade, which you get by selling the Omega Badge (Defeat omega mark XII) the Godlslayer's badge (beat Yiazmat) and the Shang's Badge ( beat fishing minigame)
    thats pretty the much the top best weapons
    *whew* that took a while

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

You left out the strongest, the Masamune. I think you shold bold the names in that list, otherwise its too hard to read and I doubt everyone wants to read that much.

Blog Entries

1 Zodiac spear is in the necrohol of nabudis, in a part on the map not marked.

2 Wyrmhero blade has BEAUTIFUL evasion with the 3rd strongest attack too.

3 Tournesol is the hardest to get. You need the items hplvr said and buy it for 600000 in the bazaar!

Name / Zodiac spear / Wyrmhero Blade / Tournsol
    Evasion / +8 +50 +25
    Att Pwr / +150 +130 +140

The masamune has 93 att pwr, 5 evasion, and can combo realy easy

The masamune is probably the best. You can get it for beating The Ancient man of Mystery, or for selling 2 gemsteel, 3 orichalcum, and 2 mallets and then paying 88888 gil.

Ashe, with the genji gloves and masamune, hits about 4 times average for 2400 each hit. Better than Vaan with the Zodiac spear who rarely combos and hits 6000.

The best bow is the Sagittarius with 93 att pwr, 0 evasion, and to get it you need to sell 3 beastlord horns, 3 moon rings, and 4 sagittarius gems. The arrows dont matter much because the best gives 5 more att and the worst 1, but the artemis arrows have an earth element.

The best gun is the fomalhaut with 10+ evasion, 50 att pwr, 100% accuracy, and armor piercing. Get it at a chest in the lhusu mines, the pharos, or in cerobi steppe.

thanks, ive beaten the game a while back but i had 92 hours+ but i had crappy wepons.... and i at least want to get the cool/ powerful wepons for my characters to make up for it.
    --
    Vaan uses Katanas
    Penelo uses bows
    Baliether uses guns, crossbows, and handbombs
    Fran uses spears
    Ashe uses 1h swords
    and Basch uses Greatswords

i really dont think masamune is the strongest, but it really helped me when i was fighting Yiazmat

any more wepons you can tell me how to get like the most powerful bow, the most powerful greatsword, the most powerful lance, and the most powerful sword? (those are the ones i really want, and NEED.)

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by hplvr View Post
    i really dont think masamune is the strongest, but it really helped me when i was fighting Yiazmat
    Perhaps not the strongest on its own, but combined with the genji gauntlet, I consistantly deal more damage with the masamune than other, more powerful weapons.

Where do you get the genji gauntlet? x.x

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

You steal the Genji gauntlet and something else "genji" from Gilgamesh
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

You can steal and Genji Shield from phase 4 of the 1st Gilgamesh, and a Genji Glove from the 5th
    and Genji Helm and genji Armoe for the second round
    they really didnt help me at all, i didn equip them, onlt the genji glove for yiazmat.