Thread: Sage class dumbed down!!

Default Sage class dumbed down!!

Taken from:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_F...Nintendo_DS%29

Sage: A hybrid capable of using every white, black, and summoning spell available. Although possessing fewer higher level MP, Sages have more MP for lower-level spells than other advanced class. Sages are unable to use the High Summon magic effects, but rather randomly switch between the white and black magic effects (similar to the Evoker).

Gone are the days when the Sage could cast the all mighty MegaFlare.

BTW: What happened to the Paladin class? Did the Dark Knight class replace it? I remember the Paladin could cast levels 1-3 white magic. Can the DK do the same?

Paladin = knight now buddy.

The dumbing of Sage and ninja forbids the awesomeness of Ninja ninja sage sage!!!

NOO!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power View Post
    So far playing WoW, I've shouted "ROFLCOPTER" on no less than fifteen occasions, danced as a bear at the end of a ship, and compared the Klu Klux Klan to cereal.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it's a great thing. It's all about rebalancing the classes. The Ninja and Sage were so powerful, that there wasn't any reason to not use a Ninja/Sage x 2 party in the original. Now, with the rebalancing of the job system, almost any party combination is equally effective.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yeah, that's why they placed those two jobs in Eureka, a completely optional, out of the way, and difficult area filled with incredibly difficult encounters and unnecessary weapons. Gee, if only I could understand the logic of the actions of SE, O WAIT A MINUTE THEY WERE OPTIONAL LOL THEYRE ALLOWED TO BE UBER ROFLCOPTAR! TEH POOLESE R COMING LMAO!

Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by NINJA_Ryu View Post
    Paladin = knight now buddy.
    I'm not so sure about that. The Paladin in the original could cast up to level 3 white magic. The new Knight can only cast level 1 white magic. I guess you can think of it as a dumbed down Paladin.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

After which crystal do I find this "Eureka" place?

EDIT: Never mind, I've since found out that the location will be obvious.

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel
    Yeah, that's why they placed those two jobs in Eureka, a completely optional, out of the way, and difficult area filled with incredibly difficult encounters and unnecessary weapons. Gee, if only I could understand the logic of the actions of SE, O WAIT A MINUTE THEY WERE OPTIONAL LOL THEYRE ALLOWED TO BE UBER ROFLCOPTAR! TEH POOLESE R COMING LMAO!

Obviously.
    Well, I certainly wasn't aware that 'in a portal directly above the entrance to the final dungeon' was 'out of the way'. At least, the entrance to the dungeon. A good deal of people have gone into Eureka thinking it's a part of the final dungeon (and indeed, Doga and Unei do tell you to enter it to get all the weapons inside...), so they can't really be blamed for it.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavrobel

Obviously.
    Well, I certainly wasn't aware that 'in a portal directly above the entrance to the final dungeon' was 'out of the way'. At least, the entrance to the dungeon. A good deal of people have gone into Eureka thinking it's a part of the final dungeon (and indeed, Doga and Unei do tell you to enter it to get all the weapons inside...), so they can't really be blamed for it.
    If it's further away from you than the closest set of stairs, my friend, it's out of the way.

Summoners could only use High Summons so, I don't know why Sages need the Low summons too.

Dark Knight of EOFF darksword12's Avatar

In MMORPGs, this would be called "nerfing."

It kinda sucks, IMO. I don't know if it's worth it to change class to a summoner just for the high summoning, but then again I haven't beaten the game.

Sages are not strong anymore...they don't have the high MP.

I was think ing of making a sage in my party, but after reading this, I may as well put three different jobs that focus in each thing the sage can do.

Sages are still pretty useful; you just can't use them exclusively over the other types anymore. Sage + Devout ensues that you have one dedicated healer and one that can still cast a few decent offensive spells (namely flare) but still heal when require/cast buffs on the party. I'd take that over Devout/Magus or Devout/Summoner any day.

Right now I have a Black Mage, a White Mage, a Warrior, and a Monk. I know its not a greaty party mix, but hay.

Oh, when I fought the Dijin, I killed him in two turns. It was supposed to be a hard fight, but I was grining monsters for a half hour. Got my party to level nine, than fought him.