Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does the % annoy you, and did you upgrade all spheres?

Default Does the % annoy you, and did you upgrade all spheres?

I remember playing this game a couple years back, and I was personally annoyed about the % thing cause if I missed one scenario, I would be screwed of the extra ending.

Also, with all the different dress spheres, did anyone actually upgrade all of the spheres for all 3 characters? That must've been a long grind!

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I wish my exam results is 100% like my FF X-2's %.

i...hated...the...%...dont get me started

99%, in one playthrough, twice... Bloody game...

I only mastered the spheres on their respective garment grids, but even with triple AP, you can pretty much master most of your dress spheres in one game just from all the sidequests. I did very little grinding, other than going from level 92 to 99 once I reached level 80 in the Via Infinito.

I like the idea to a point, and it did give you some replay value, but the % was so strict it forced you to use a strategy guide to get 100%. I can't imagine anybody pulling it off without one, though I'm sure somebody somewhere probly has. I wouldn't mind seeing it again if it was handled in a more lenient way, namely where you can't miss something trivial and screw up your entire game just over one small mistake.
    Last edited by LunarWeaver; 01-29-2007 at 06:53 PM.

It made me feel like I wasn't experiencing FFX-2 at its full potential. Every time I finished the game I wanted to start over just for the sake of getting the leftover percentage. Not a good idea Square.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Don't worry, peoples! There's an extra 2.4% points worth of completion left in the game! That doesn't amount to copious amounts of time grinding and questing, getting to 99 worth in Baal runs and Cows taping a stapler to your PS2 controller! And the bonuses are so fruitful, like high runes and personal time with Lekana on WoW and the rest of the EoFF community on Diablo 2 arguing with Manus and Levian about the finer points of Hydrogen fueled cars! And not only that, you have to choose one of the groups in order to get 100% in one game!

Yippee! Hooray! Obey my dog!

Yes, I have maxed all that I can in FFX-2. I still did not make my money back.

Lives in a zoo Recognized Member Renmiri's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I got 97%, 99% and finally 100% to get a measly 2 minutes of Tidus and Yuna in Zanarkand with not even a kiss. I got so mad I never played the cursed thing again!!!

I did max all dresspheres but Gunner. Cmpleting all the blue bullets was just too much hassle.
    Me and my kids have dragon eggs:

I haven't even bothered to play through FFX-2 a second time yet. But I can already tell you beforehand that the % is going to bug me. "Oh, whoops, I forgot to take a nap in chapter 4. Wait, what, only 99%!?" And the only dressphere I fully upgraded was Warrior before beaeting the game.

I already saw the ending many times on Youtube, but I still would like to actually EARN it with the 100%.
    Signature removed for exceeding the 250 pixel height limit.

~Void

Quote Originally Posted by KasaiDraco View Post
    I already saw the ending many times on Youtube, but I still would like to actually EARN it with the 100%.
    Me too, but I'd like to earn it in one playthrough. None of that New Game Plus stuff for me, thank you very much.

i got all the endings, but it took me 2 tries since i got everything right but i couldnt beat trema
    but really the perfect ending isnt that good, not a good reward for getting 100%, its not even in real time
    and no i didnt upgrade all the spheres, i will tho

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I got 99% on the first playthrough, but I mastered all the professions, including Blue Bullets (I like getting all the blue magic). Eventually I plan to return to get at least one of every item and 100%, but I've been sidetracked with Suikoden III at the moment.

What annoyed me most was that the % was displayed as an integer value, when I was actually accumulating fractional completion points. For example, both 75.1%, and 75.9% would be shown as 75%. Would it kill the makers to show the % to the nearest tenth since it was significant?

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    I got 99% on the first playthrough, but I mastered all the professions, including Blue Bullets (I like getting all the blue magic). Eventually I plan to return to get at least one of every item and 100%, but I've been sidetracked with Suikoden III at the moment.

What annoyed me most was that the % was displayed as an integer value, when I was actually accumulating fractional completion points. For example, both 75.1%, and 75.9% would be shown as 75%. Would it kill the makers to show the % to the nearest tenth since it was significant?
    yeah thats weird, when i got the guide for the game, it randomly had the decimal value, while the whole time i thought it was just 75% of 6% etc.
    and i really heat how you have to watch these scenes and you cant skip them or you'll lose percentage, which some of them were realllly long
    i also really hate how you have to press certain buttons to get special scnece, like the endings for ex.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!

it is soooo annoying. the most i ever got was 99%, but i hope to get 100% this time.
    Please feel free to read my take on the official novalisation of Dissidia Final Fantasy at this link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5580755/..._You_Fight_For