Thread: Does MSN show the persons that block you?

Banned

Default Does MSN show the persons that block you?

I'd like to block a particular person, because she obviously keeps writing to me, and I don't really like her anymore; however, I don't wanna make her feel bad because she "might notice that I've blocked her", so can I block her without her knowing it?

If you block her, she won't know that she's blocked. You'll just seem offline to her. She'll probably think you're dead or something though.

Old-Ones Studios Cruise Control's Avatar

Why would you care? Your blocking her for a reason.
    Leave some shards under the belly
    Lay some grease inside my hand
    It's a sentimental jury
    And the makings of a good plan

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Block away!

When you block someone, it sends them an email telling them that such an event has occured. It also gives them your address, phone number, and the best time to reach you.

Yes, you can block her and she won't notice a thing. As has already been said, you just won't appear online. Just hope that she does not start emailing you incessantly, or pm'ing you if you're on the same forums.

Also, I heard that there is a mod that people can install on their msn to show up if someone is blocking you, so hope she doesn't have that either

You've got every right to block this person, as she's a guy anyway. There are no girls on the internet.

I always make a point of letting the person know I've blocked them.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Unless she's retarded, she'll eventually notice when you stop showing up online.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Duality View Post
    Also, I heard that there is a mod that people can install on their msn to show up if someone is blocking you, so hope she doesn't have that either
    You used to be able to query the MSN servers to get lists of who has blocked you, but they shut that down a couple of years ago.

Now, the only way to find if somebody has blocked you is to find an online service that will tell you if a particular person is online. If the person is online, but not on your contact list, they've blocked you.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

OOC:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    When you block someone, it sends them an email telling them that such an event has occured. It also gives them your address, phone number, and the best time to reach you.
    This is the Help Forum and as such deserves legitimate respones. Do not confuse this forum with General Chat in the least. Think of it as Eyes on Each Other and give it the same respect.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles