Thread: Saw 3??

Default Saw 3??

anyone seen this horrbily disgusting movie
    ive seen it in theathres and i can take gore, but this movie was toooo gory
    so.... anyone?

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Come join the FF8 Hangman! Made Possible by.... me!

Nope, only seen the first one. I ended up not liking it and so that's why 3 didn't interest me at all. I just hope they don't keep cranking out these sequels every Halloween.

First one was pretty clever. 2 was terrible and 3 was only slightly better. And yeah, gore was a bit much. I understand it helps create mood, but that was pushing it.
    What I've been listening to:

Quote Originally Posted by RiseToFall View Post
    Nope, only seen the first one. I ended up not liking it and so that's why 3 didn't interest me at all. I just hope they don't keep cranking out these sequels every Halloween.

I always hate it when people say this. Seriously, if you don't like the movies then don't watch them. It's not like someone is gonna put a gun to your head and make you watch every new saw movie.

As for the movie, I thought it was pretty good. Nothing compared to the first one though. I loved that movie.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I don't think there's anything wrong with being bothered by the continuing torrent of bad horror movies, developed solely for profit and relying on buckets of gore and silly contraptions to draw in the teenage movie crowd who think everything they see is "good," unless it requires a bit of patience or thought. In fact, I daresay it's completely appropriate.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with being bothered by the continuing torrent of bad horror movies, developed solely for profit and relying on buckets of gore and silly contraptions to draw in the teenage movie crowd who think everything they see is "good," unless it requires a bit of patience or thought. In fact, I daresay it's completely appropriate.
    Actually there's two types of horror movies these days.
    1) Push It To The Limit! in-your-face gorefests
    2) PG13 supernatural thrillers.

Both, generally, are awful.

I kinda got into the Saw movies as a guilty pleasure, though. Not a huge fanatic, but some friends and I rented the first two once. I might see the third sometime, I guess, but I'm not really too worried about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Mage FF1 View Post

It's not like someone is gonna put a gun to your head and make you watch every new saw movie.
    If anyone ever does, they can shoot.

Why not let people watch what they enjoy? Obviously a lot of people like the movie. It has gone up to three of them and they plan on making 4-6. Like I said, if you don't like it then don't watch it. Badmouth it all you want, but sayin they should stop making the movies simply because YOU don't like them is ridiculous.

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Actually there's two types of horror movies these days.
    1) Push It To The Limit! in-your-face gorefests
    2) PG13 supernatural thrillers.

Both, generally, are awful.

I kinda got into the Saw movies as a guilty pleasure, though. Not a huge fanatic, but some friends and I rented the first two once. I might see the third sometime, I guess, but I'm not really too worried about it.
    Really, I was just referring to the Saw series in particular, but yeah. Seriously, how many retarded "supernatural thrillers" has Sarah Michelle Gellar been in in the last two years? 15?

Why not let people watch what they enjoy? Obviously a lot of people like the movie. It has gone up to three of them and they plan on making 4-6. Like I said, if you don't like it then don't watch it. Badmouth it all you want, but sayin they should stop making the movies simply because YOU don't like them is ridiculous.
    I'm giving my opinion, just like you are giving yours.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by RiseToFall View Post

It's not like someone is gonna put a gun to your head and make you watch every new saw movie.
    If anyone ever does, they can shoot.
    QFT.

Why shouldn't this be said? If they stopped spending money on terrible, trite, bland pieces of film which have no redeeming value or appeal other than their (Dreary and only mildly unpleasant) attempts to shock, we might actually get quite a few more good movies, including, dare I say it, some good horror.

Thanks for telling me and every other fan of saw what is a good horror movie and what is not. Glad that we have you to look out for us.

And the reason why I said that it is ridiculous to say that is because.........this may be a shock..........some people actually like saw. *Gasps* And they actually look forward to the sequals.
    Last edited by Black Mage FF1; 01-30-2007 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks for telling me and every other fan of saw what is a good horror movie and what is not. Glad that we have you to look out for us.

And the reason why I said that it is ridiculous to say that is because.........this may be a shock..........some people actually like saw. *Gasps* And they actually look forward to the sequals.
    How much did they pay you to say that?

No, I haven't seen it yet, but I'll probably rent it or something when it comes out on DVD. I liked the first one, and the second was pretty decent as well (except for a lame-ass ending) and some of my friends have said that the third one's is a good movie... so yeah.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

My girlfriend made me watch the second. I didn't really think too much of it. To be honest, I can just barely remember it, that's how much of an impression it left for me.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?